|Barney & Friends|
|What's That Shadow?|
|Season 1, Episode 11|
|Air date||April 20, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowely|
Down on Barney's Farm
Happy Birthday, Barney!
A sudden thunderstorm chases the kids into the classroom, where they are frightened by the rain, thunder and lightning. Barney arrives and tells them how to use positive thoughts to change their fears into fun. The kids make silly monster artwork, and then pretend they are funny, friendly monsters. Barney also helps Shawn overcome his fear of dogs when he meets Min's puppy.
Educational Theme: Overcoming Fears
- Barney Theme Song
- Did You Ever See a Lassie?
- If All the Raindrops
- Filipino Nursery Rhyme (Sampung Mga Daliri)
- The Shadow Song
- The Barney Bag
- Ten Little Monsters
- Oh Dear, What Can the Matter Be?
- I Used to Be Afraid
- I Love You
- Min's sister makes her only appearance at the end of this episode.
- Even though Shawn is allergic to animal hair (according to At Home with Animals) it wasn't shown when he pets Min's dog.
- The billy goat puppet that was used in the "Little Red Hen" puppet show in Caring Means Sharing reappears in this episode.
- Min wears the same shirt in Playing It Safe, and the same skirt in The Treasure of Rainbow Beard, and Let's Help Mother Goose! and Derek wears the same shirt in The Treasure of Rainbow Beard.
- Min sings "I Love You" in one part and sings the rest with Shawn, Barney and Baby Bop, but not with Derek and Kathy who have already left with her sister.
- This is the second and last time Baby Bop disppears after someone leaves.
- This episode inspires by the Thomas the Tank Engine's Shining Time Station episode: "Washout".
- "Ride of the Valkyries" from Die Walkure is played when Barney and the kids make their owns storm.