|Barney & Friends|
|The Treasure of Rainbow Beard|
|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||April 14, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Four Seasons Day
Michael is reading a story to Derek, Kathy, and Min called "The Treasure of Rainbow Beard". Barney arrives and decides that he and the kids will go on a treasure hunt to find the treasure from the book.
Educational Theme: Shapes and Colors
Stories: The Treasure of Rainbow Beard
- Barney Theme Song
- A Hunting We Will Go
- A Hunting We Will Go (Reprise)
- And the Green Grass Grows All Around
- Frere Jacques
- Painting the Shapes
- Old Brass Wagon
- The Barney Bag
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- The Rainbow Song
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- Rainbow Beard the Pirate (Stephen White)
- In international dubs and co-productions, the song "And the Green Grass Grows All Around" wasn't sung. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" was sung, but cut short. But they are still inact on the VHS release. "Old Brass Wagon" wasn't sung in the Israeli production, however the instrumental was used as background music.
- When this episode was released on video as part of the double pack "Barney's Colors & Shapes", it ended with the shorter credits used in re-runs.
- Stephen White plays Rainbow Beard the Pirate in this episode.
- This is the only episode to have the rainbow form the swing in both the closing and the opening with the Barney doll.
- Three of the kids (Min, Derek and Kathy) also appeared in Barney Live! In New York City.
- The bottom of the magic bottle can be seen before Barney pulls it out of the book.
- When Barney pulls the magic bottle out of the book, it is quite apparent that the book is filled with blank pages.
- When Barney has the map upside down, he reads the clue backwards: "tra ekam uoy erehw sepahs emos tniap og..." ( "...go paint some shapes where you make art.")
- In the Hachaverim Shel Barney version, Barney wasn't seen or heard coming to life.
- The last picture in the end credits of this episode was also used in the Season 2 and 3 end credits.
- In "I Love You", Barney sings "I love you, you love me" and the rest with the kids.
- All of these kids appear in the next episode, Going Places! with Min making a cameo appearance.
- The bottle containg the map was actually a leather-wrapped chianti bottle that Stephen White purchased from a garage sale.
- Although And the Green Grass Grows All Around is not sung in the international prints, it is heard as an underscore when Barney & the kids go to the tree to find the treasure.
- According to the Barney Says segment, the gang used yellow, red and blue paint to paint shapes but in the actual program, more than these 3 paint colors are used.