|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The Treasure of Rainbow Beard|
|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||April 14, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Colors and Shapes|
Rainbow Beard the Pirate
Four Seasons Day
Michael is reading a story to Derek, Kathy, and Min called "The Treasure of Rainbow Beard". Barney arrives and decides that he and the kids will go on a treasure hunt to find the treasure from the book.
Stories: The Treasure of Rainbow Beard
- Barney Theme Song
- A Hunting We Will Go
- And the Green Grass Grows All Around
- Frere Jacques
- Painting the Shapes
- Old Brass Wagon
- The Barney Bag
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- The Rainbow Song
- I Love You
- Although the song "And the Green Grass Grows All Around" wasn't sung in international dubs and co-productions, it is heard as an underscore when Barney & the kids go to the tree to find the treasure. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" was sung, but cut short. But they are still inact on the VHS release. "Old Brass Wagon" wasn't sung in the Israeli production, however the instrumental was used as background music.
- Also in the Hachaverim Shel Barney version, Barney wasn't seen or heard coming to life.
- When this episode was released on video as part of the double pack "Barney's Colors & Shapes", it ended with the shorter credits used in re-runs.
- Stephen White plays Rainbow Beard the Pirate in this episode.
- This is the first and only episode to have the rainbow form the swing in both the closing and the opening with the Barney doll to date.
- The bottom of the magic bottle can be seen before Barney pulls it out of the book.
- When Barney pulls the magic bottle out of the book, it is quite apparent that the book is filled with blank pages.
- The bottle containg the map was actually a leather-wrapped chianti bottle that Stephen White purchased from a garage sale.