|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The Treasure of Rainbow Beard|
|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||April 14, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Colors and Shapes|
Four Seasons Day
Michael is reading a story to Derek, Kathy, and Min called "The Treasure of Rainbow Beard". Barney arrives and decides that he and the kids will go on a treasure hunt to find the treasure from the book.
- Barney Theme Song
- A Hunting We Will Go
- And the Green Grass Grows All Around
- Frere Jacques
- Painting the Shapes
- Old Brass Wagon
- The Barney Bag
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- The Rainbow Song
- I Love You
- Stephen White plays Rainbow Beard the Pirate in this episode.
- The bottom of the magic bottle can be seen before Barney pulls it out of the book.
- When Barney pulls the magic bottle out of the book, it is quite apparent that the book is filled with blank pages.
- The bottle containing the map was actually a leather-wrapped chianti bottle that Stephen White purchased from a garage sale.
- This is also the only episode to feature Barney on the tire swing with a rainbow appearing above him on it, (like in the ending of the theme song). Also notice the Barney dolls aren't in the exact same poses as they differ from the scene in the theme song and the ending of this episode & the scene is in a different angle.
- In dubbed versions, And the Green Grass Grows All Around was cut off. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was sung, but shortened.
- Also in the Hachaverim Shel Barney version, Barney wasn't seen or heard coming to life. In that same version, six songs got a semitone lower.