|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The Sleepless Sleepover|
|Season 11, Episode 3B|
|Air date||September 19, 2007|
|Written by||Jim Lewis|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
Bop 'til You Drop
Little Red Rockin' Hood
Barney, BJ, Riff, and the kids prepare for a sleepover in the park and Melanie claims that she is "going to the circus" that night and won't be able to make it. In reality, as she truthfully explains to Barney, she's very anxious about sleeping outside. Barney tells her that it's not unlike sleeping at home and that it can be a whole lot of fun. From roasting marshmallows and brushing teeth, Melanie learns that sleeping outdoors isn't that bad. After taking care of their teeth, the group listens to a story that Melanie tells, which puts most of them to sleep. While the others are asleep, Barney and Melanie explore the different night sounds (including B.J.'s snoring). She tells him that she's not afraid anymore, but the sound of a frog wakes the others up. To help them get back to sleep, Barney sings a bedtime song.
Song List Edit
- This is the first episode that the song "Bedtime with Barney" is sung, although the song debuted on the album Barney's Sleepytime Songs nearly thirteen years before.
- The Barney doll was not used in this episode instead after Barney sings "I Love You," he says goodnight and then view turns to everyone sleeping.
- The version of "I Love You" is the same as the one from "Let's Make Music" with the violin instrumental removed.
- This is the first time that Barney picks one of his friends up to give them a great big hug. It's during Mei's dream when Barney holds Mei tight and snuggles up with her in his arms for affection and comfort against his big tummy.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Mei.