|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The One and Only You|
|Season 5, Episode 5|
|Air date||November 6, 1998|
|Written by||Perri Verdino-Gates|
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
Circle of Friends
Kim is excitedly awaiting the impending arrival of her new adopted baby brother. However, the other kids' excitement for her accidentally causes Kristen to feel left out, because unlike the others, she's an only child. The other kids quickly point out to her the positives of being an only child and Barney makes certain that she understands that every family (including her own family) is unique in their own special way.
Stories: A Young Girl Who Lived in a Shoe
- Barney Theme Song
- The Friendship Song
- Everyone is Special
- Roll Over
- Share Your Stuff
- You Can Count on Me
- Friends of Mine
- My Family's Just Right for Me
- I Love You
- This episode has numerous similarities with the Season 1 episode, My Family's Just Right for Me. Most notably, Kristen's family was exactly the same as Kathy's family was, as both of them only live with their mother and grandmother, they are the only child in their respective families, and both feel sad when they find that they are the only ones in the group that do not have any siblings.
- In the Baniwa Chingudeul adaptation of this episode, Seo Young celebrates her birthday. Also, Sun Jeung is wearing socks that have the Sesame Street logo and the character Bert printed on them. In addition, he's wearing pajamas with Snoopy on them. This is likely due to less strict copyright laws in South Korea (compared to the US).
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.
|• Books Are Fun! • Trading Places • Safety First! • Circle of Friends • The One and Only You • Barney's Band
• Try It, You'll Like It! • Colors All Around • Howdy, Friends! • Seven Days a Week • Hidden Treasures
• A Royal Welcome • Sweet as Honey • First Things First! • Aunt Rachel Is Here! • It's a Rainy Day! • Easy Does It!
• What's in a Name? • A Very Special Mouse • A Package of Friendship