|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The One And Only You|
|Season 5, Episode 5|
|Air date||November 6, 1998|
|Written by||Perri Verdino-Gates|
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
Circle of Friends
Kim is eagerly awaiting the arrival of her adopted baby brother. The children share in Kim's excitement, but Kristen begins to feel that her family is not quite as special because she is an only child. This sparks discussion about families and the differences and similarities between families. All the children agree that sharing is an important part of all families. Barney and the children help Kristen realize that all families are unique and special, even her only-child family.
Stories: A Young Girl Who Lived in a Shoe
- Barney Theme Song
- The Friendship Song
- Everyone is Special
- Roll Over
- Share Your Stuff
- You Can Count on Me
- Friends of Mine
- My Family's Just Right for Me
- I Love You
- This episode has numerous similarities with the Season 1 episode, My Family's Just Right for Me. Most notably, Kristen's family was exactly the same as Kathy's family was, as both of them only live with their mother and grandmother, they are the only child in their respective families, and both feel sad when they find that they are the only ones in the group that do not have any siblings.
- This is the last episode to feature the Season 4 arrangement of Everyone is Special.
- In the Baniwa Chingudeul adaptation of this episode, Seo Young celebrates her birthday. Also, Sun Jeung is wearing socks that have the Sesame Street logo and the character Bert printed on them. In addition, he's wearing pajamas with Snoopy on them. This is likely due to less strict copyright laws in South Korea (compared to the US).
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.