|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The Exercise Circus!|
|Season 2, Episode 11|
|Air date||October 11, 1993|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Look at Me, I'm 3!
My Favorite Things
Tina's ready to play in a big way after getting her cast removed, and the kids suggest staging a playground circus. Michael, the Ringmaster, introduces Barney, the Balancing Dinosaur, Derek, the Juggler, and the Tightrope Twins, Terrific Tina and Magnificent Min. Special Guest Joe Scruggs sings the song that really sets off the silliness, but in the end, the kids learn that exercise is good for your body and can still be lots of fun. Later on, Luci comes to visit. Barney also reminds us that hugging is an exercise that's good for the heart!
Educational Theme: The Circus and Exercising.
- Barney Theme Song
- The Exercise Song
- Taking Turns
- The Clapping Song
- The Marching Song
- Snackin' on Healthy Food
- There's A Wiggle In My Toe by Joe Scruggs
- If All the Raindrops
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Joe Scruggs (Himself; guest)
- Luci returns as a special guest in this episode, and this is her last appearance on the show. This episode is the first and only time Luci had ever made a Season 2 appearance, though she is mentioned once in "Falling for Autumn!" and "Red, Blue and Circles Too!".
- This episode was released on a two-pack VHS set along with Barney's Parade Of Numbers.
- This is the last time all four kids from the Backyard Gang who made it to the TV show (Michael, Luci, Tina and Derek) appear together.
- Four of these kids (Michael, Derek, Tina, and Tosha) also appeared in Stop, Look and Be Safe!. However, Kathy and Shawn do not appear in either episode.
- Luci never made an appearance with BJ, David, Carlos, Juan, Kenneth, Jason, Julie, Shawn wearing glasses or a shorter Baby Bop, because she left after Season 1 ended.
- This is the twenty-first time Barney and the kids sing "I Love You" song together.
- Since this episode is the only appearance of Joe Scruggs, he never appeared with Kathy, Shawn, or Julie. He also did not appear alongside Luci because he left before Luci came.
- Min wore the same shirt in Grandparents are Grand and An Adventure in Make-Believe.