|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The Alphabet Zoo|
|Season 2, Episode 16|
|Air date||October 18, 1993|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme|| The Alphabet|
An Adventure in Make Believe
Having Tens of Fun!
Barney and the kids decide to turn their classroom into a pretend zoo. They add animals with names starting with all the different letters of the alphabet. They make masks and pretend to be different animals as they play several animal games. The highlight is when Julie's Aunt Molly stops by for a visit and tells a wonderful story about a boy and a hopping rabbit. Also, Jason tells Barney "I Love You" in sign language.
- Barney Theme Song
- Animals in Motion
- Down By the Station
- Sally the Camel
- My Aunt Came Back
- The Tiger Song
- Alphabet Medley (The Alphabet Song/The Alphabet Chant)
- I Love You
- This episode marks:
- The final regular appearance of Tina. She would later return with Derek in "On the Move".
- The only time Tina appears with Shawn wearing glasses.
- The last episode of Kathy's 3-Season 2 episode absence before returning in "Having Tens of Fun!".
- The final appearance of Zippity the Hamster.
- The first appearance of Jason played by Kurt Dykhuizen. He would become a regular cast member in Season 3.
- The only time Derek and Tina appear with Jason played by Kurt Dykhuizen.
- Part of "I Love You" is performed in American Sign Language.
- A picture from this episode would later be seen in the Season 3 Episode On the Move.
- This episode was released on home video as Barney's Alphabet Zoo, on April 27, 1994. It was later re-released in a Classic Collection Boxset on December 31, 1999.