Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Barney & Friends Episode|
|The Alphabet Zoo|
|Season 2, Episode 16|
|Air date||October 18, 1993|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme|| The Letters of the Alphabet|
An Adventure in Make Believe
Having Tens of Fun!
Barney and the kids decide to turn their classroom into a pretend zoo. They add animals with names starting with all the different letters of the alphabet. They make masks and pretend to be different animals as they play several animal games. The highlight is when Julie's Aunt Molly stops by for a visit and tells a wonderful story about a boy and a hopping rabbit. Also, Jason tells Barney "I Love You" in sign language.
- Barney Theme Song
- Animals in Motion
- Down By the Station
- Sally the Camel
- My Aunt Came Back
- The Tiger Song
- Alphabet Song
- The Alphabet Chant
- I Love You
- This episode marks:
- The final appearance of Tina as a regular cast member on the Barney & Friends television series.
- The final appearance of Zippity the Hamster.
- The first appearance of Jason played by Kurt Dykhuizen. He would become a regular cast member in Season 3.
- The only time Derek and Tina appear with Jason played by Kurt Dykhuizen.
- The part of "I Love You" was performed in American Sign Language.
- A picture from this episode would later be seen in On the Move.
- On April 27, 1994, this episode was released on home video as "Barney's Alphabet Zoo".
- This episode was featured in Dino-Mite Valentine's Sing-Along.
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.