A Very Special Delivery! (how this finale episode should've been)Edit
|Barney & Friends Episode|
|A Very Special Delivery!|
|Season 2, Episode 24|
|Air date||October 20, 1993|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
No Matter Where They Are (episode)
Shawn & the Beanstalk
Tosha has a big surprise for Barney and the gang. Her family has a new baby, but that's only part of the surprise. She won't tell the rest! Along the way, Barney and the kids explore how everyone is different and meet singer Ella Jenkins, who talks about different ways to say hello and sings Miss Mary Mack. With The Barney Bag, the kids make ukeleles. BJ and Baby Bop stop by and Big Sister Tosha finally reveals the surprise. Her mom had twin boys and their names are Kevin and Kyle! Barney explains that even if the twins are identical or fraternal, they are still special and equally loved just like everyone else.
- Baby Bop
- David (Robert Hurtekant)
- David (Kenny Cooper)
- Ella Jenkins (guest; herself)
- Tosha's Mom
- Tosha's Dad
- Tosha's baby brothers: Kevin & Kyle
- The Barney Theme Song
- My Family's Just Right For Me
- Buckle Up My Seatbelt
- Everyone Is Special
- Five Little Butterflies
- Where Is Thumbkin?
- It's Nice Just To Be Me
- Indoor-Outdoor Voices
- Miss Mary Mack
- Shake Hands With Friends
- The Friendship Song
- The Barney Bag
- My Yellow Blankey
- BJ's Song
- I Am A Fine Musician
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- The Clapping Song
- If You're Happy And You Know It
- The Backyard Gang Rap
- We Are Barney & The Backyard Gang
- Just Be Who You Are
- Be Yourself
- Hush Little Baby
- Rock-A-Bye Baby
- Everyone Is Special (Lullaby Version Reprise)
- Someone To Love You Forever
- I Love You
- This episode was dedicated to villan actor Vincent Price, who passed away of aids in 1993.
- This marks the first appearances Tosha's parents, and baby brothers: Kevin & Kyle. They would later appear in the special Imagination Island.
- This was also the last Barney video to be co-released by Warner Home Video in 1997 in the PBS Kids Pack of Pals.
- This episode was released on VHS as Families Are Special. It hit the stores on February 7, 1995. This VHS includes previews for Barney Live! In New York City, and Imagination Island. It was later re-released by Warner Home Video in 1997 in the PBS Kids Pack of Pals.
- A new pitch of My Family's Just Right For Me is used, but would not be shortened.
- This is the only time where a lullaby version of Everyone Is Special is also sung.
- During I Love You, a guitar instrument is heard during the song, except this time Luci is not playing her guitar with the song like she did in Practice Makes Music, and Hola, Mexico!.
- This would be the second finale episode to bring the entire cast together. The first being Everyone is Special (episode).
- This would be the first time both Davids appear together. The next being Barney's Stu-u-upendous Puzzle Fun!.
- In this episode, it would be revealed that David (Kenny Cooper)'s last name is Peterson, and David (Robert Hurtekant)'s last name is Simpson.
- Even though the Families Are Special VHS contains the Caption Center's "CC" logo, the tape is actually closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute, making this the last episode to use it until Barney's Great Adventure - The Movie.
- In the spanish version, Buckle Up My Seatbelt was cut, the Barney Says Segment is Different, and Barney doesn't sing the 2nd verse of I Love You with the others.