|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Sweet as Honey|
|Season 5, Episode 13|
|Air date||November 18, 1998|
|Written by||Perri Verdino-Gates|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
A Royal Welcome
First Things First!
The kids decide to plant a garden...a window box garden...with many different varieties of flowers. Barney, the gardener, encourages his friends and helps them with their garden. Everyone is busy, each with a different job to do, and as they work together, a busy little bee, visits one of their plants. This sparks some discussion about bees...that they are insects, that they pollinate plants, they make honey, they live together in a society, etc. The Adventure Screen, a ‘cooking’ segment, and a visit from Mr. Boyd in his beekeeper clothes highlight their day. Scooter is wary of the bee, but Miss Etta helps him to learn to ‘bee’ careful, and gives him a treat with the bee’s yummy honey!
- Barney Theme Song
- What Makes a Flower So Pretty?
- Mister Sun
- The Raindrop Song
- Every Animal Talks In Its Own Special Way
- Five Little Honeybees
- The Other Day I Met a Bear
- Clean Up
- I Love You
- This group (Danny, Emily, Hannah, and Stephen) also appeared in Try It, You'll Like It! and It's Home to Me from Season 6.
- It is revealed that Hannah is allergic to bees, just like she's allergic to pollen as mentioned in A Picture of Health.
|• Books Are Fun! • Trading Places • Safety First! • Circle of Friends • The One and Only You • Barney's Band
• Try It, You'll Like It! • Colors All Around • Howdy, Friends! • Seven Days a Week • Hidden Treasures
• A Royal Welcome • Sweet as Honey • First Things First! • Aunt Rachel Is Here! • It's a Rainy Day! • Easy Does It!
• What's in a Name? • A Very Special Mouse • A Package of Friendship