|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Shopping for a Surprise!|
|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Air date||March 3, 1995|
|Written by||Rebecca Self Snider|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
I Can Be a Firefighter!
Anyway You Slice It
Carlos reads the other kids a story about a party. They decide to have their own party and make it a surprise for Barney. Barney hears about the party and decides to go shopping for it. Baby Bop arrives and decides to join in the fun by helping Barney with the shopping. After the shopping, the children start the party and Stella the Storyteller pays a visit to tell them a story about a boy who also went shopping like Barney and Baby Bop did. Carlos and Shawn bring out the surprise guest's party hat and Barney finds out that the party was for him to thank him for being the best friend anyone in the world could ever have.
Educational Theme: Shopping at a Grocery Store & Planning a Party
Stories: Feast For Ten
- Barney Theme Song
- Gonna Have a Party
- The Grocery Corner
- The Mail Song
- Peanut Butter
- Muffin Man Medley (The Muffin Man, Hot Cross Buns, Pat-A-Cake, The Muffin Man (Reprise)
- The Rainbow Song
- Ta-Ra-Ra Boom-Dee-Ay
- Hello, Goodbye
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jeff Ayers, Voice: Julie Johnson)
- Shawn (John David Bennett II)
- Carlos (Corey Lopez)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel)
- Stella the Storyteller (Phyllis Cicero)
- This is the third episode where no one says goodbye at the end. Instead, Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids throw confetti at the party.
- This group (Shawn, Carlos, Min, and Julie) also appeared in "A Welcome Home" (with Jason), "Up We Go!" (with Tosha), and Barney Live! In New York City.
- It's revealed that Baby Bop's favorite food is macaroni & cheese