|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Season 3, Episode 18|
|Air date||October 9, 1995|
|Written by||Mitch Lobrovich|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
Are We There Yet?
Hats Off to BJ!
Stella the Storyteller stops by and is anxious to tell Barney and the children a story about pirates. They all pretend to sail aboard a ship that takes them to a faraway island. Following the clues that Stella has prepared, they finally find lost treasure!
- Barney Theme Song
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Let's Go on an Adventure
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- That's What an Island Is
- Michael Finnegan
- We Like Rocks
- My Hat, It Has Three Corners
- I Love You
- This episode marks the last television appearances of Kathy and Jason. They would later return in the home video release of "Sing and Dance with Barney".
- This is the only Barney & Friends episode in which Stella's story lasts throughout the whole entire episode.
- This is the first episode in which Stella has a new suitcase. She would continue to use this suitcase until her final appearance in You Are Special.
- This is the second time where Kathy wears the same turquoise shirt. The first episode was "At Home with Animals". However, unlike that episode, she wears shorts instead of pants. She is also wearing her hair in a ponytail instead of just wearing her hair very long. She also wears purple sneakers instead of saddle shoes. She wears the same pair of shorts and the purple sneakers in Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends. This later would happen again in another episode, but we don't know which episode that would happen in.
- Min wears the same vest in Shopping for a Surprise!
- During the very end of the song "That's What an Island Is", Baby Bop completely disappears!
- In the Israel production, this episode was produced as the series finale.
- Starting with this episode, the song "My Hat, It Has Three Corners" has five verses instead of four (the fifth verse is exactly the same as the first).
- At the end of the episode, Barney is next to a ship in a bottle. However, in the Hebrew version, the ending just shows the ship instead of the bottle.