|Season 3, Episodes 49-68|
|Executive Producers|| Sheryl Leach|
|Writers|| Mark S. Bernthal|
Rebecca Self Snider
|Musical Directors||Bob Singleton|
|Production Company|| The Lyons Group|
Connecticut Public Television
|Season Premiere||February 27, 1995|
|Season Finale||October 6, 1995|
- Barney (David Joyner / Voiced by Bob West) [20/20]
- Baby Bop (Jeff Ayers / Voiced by Julie Johnson) [9/20]
- BJ (Jeff Brooks / Voiced by Patty Wirtz) [9/20]
- Min (Pia Manalo) [12/20]
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II) [11/20]
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes) [11/20]
- Carlos (Corey Lopez) [10/20]
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel) [10/20]
- Kathy (Lauren King) [10/20]
- Jason (Kurt Dykhuizen) [7/20]
- Kenneth (Nathan Regan) [6/20]
- Juan (Michael Krost) [5/20]
- Robert Hurtekant (played David in Shawn & the Beanstalk)
- Jessica Hinojosa (played Maria in Shawn & the Beanstalk)
- Frank Crim (I Can Be a Firefighter!)
- Cambodian Dancers (Any Way You Slice It)
- Maurie Chandler (played Ashley in Twice Is Nice!)
- Monet Chandler (played Alissa in Twice Is Nice!)
- Rickey Carter (played Derek in On the Move)
- Jessica Zucha (played Tina in On the Move)
- Chase Gallatin (played Stephen in On the Move, Classical Cleanup, and Are We There Yet?)
- Tomie dePaola (It's Raining, It's Pouring...)
- Todd Everett (played Reggie the Deliveryman in Hats Off to BJ!)
|1||49||"Shawn & The Beanstalk"||Mark S. Bernthal & Stephen White||Bruce Deck||February 27, 1995|
| After being worried about his science project, Shawn is informed by Barney that plants will grow with time, sunshine, water, and love. The kids also perform a version of Jack and the Beanstalk.
New Barney Songs: The Raindrop Song
|2||50||"If The Shoe Fits..."||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||February 28, 1995|
|Barney helps the kids get ready for a performance of the "The Elves and the Shoemaker". Meanwhile, Baby Bop and BJ look for new shoes that will fit them.|
|3||51||"Room For Everyone"||Mark Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 1, 1995|
| The kids show Barney their favorite rooms in their houses. When Carlos feels upset that he has to share a room with his brother, Stella shares a story about the importance of siblings sticking together.
New Barney Songs: None
|4||52||"I Can Be A Firefighter!"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||March 2, 1995|
|Firefigher Frank visits the school to share Fire Safety rules.|
|5||53||"Shopping For A Surprise!"||Rebecca Self Snider||Bruce Deck||March 3, 1995|
|In order to prepare a special surprise party for Barney, the kids set up a pretend grocery store for Barney and Baby Bop to shop for party food and decor.|
|6||54||"Any Way You Slice It"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||June 7, 1995|
|With some help from Barney and Stella the Storyteller, the kids put together their bread booth for the school's international festival.|
|7||55||"Twice Is Nice!"||Rebecca Self Snider||Bruce Deck||June 8, 1995|
|While on a scavenger hunt, the kids meet twin sisters Ashley and Alissa. They soon discover that twins may look the same, but they are both unique and special|
|8||56||"On The Move"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||June 9, 1995|
| Derek and Tina return to the school for a visit, so Barney and the kids prepare a surprise present. Meanwhile, BJ helps new friend Kenneth fit into his new school.
New Barney Songs: Our New School
|9||57||"A Welcome Home"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||June 12, 1995|
| Min brings one of her puppies to school - hoping someone would adopt it. Being adopted herself, Julie quickly bonds with puppy.
New Barney Songs: Someone to Love You Forever
|10||58||"Classical Cleanup"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||June 13 1995|
| After Baby Bop makes a mess in the classroom, Barney and the kids help clean it so Mr. Boyd can attend his concert.
New Barney Songs: None
|11||59||"Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||July 24, 1995|
|The kids show Barney the pets they had brought to school for show and tell. When Kenneth's bunny goes missing, Barney and his friends help him get it back.|
|12||60||"Gone Fishing!"||Rebecca Self Snider||Bruce Deck||July 25, 1995|
| To help teach Juan how to take turns, Barney allows him to pick a fun activity that all of his friends can have fun doing. Juan decides that he wants to pretend that all of his friends are at an ocean park.
New Barney Songs: Big and Little
|13||61||"At Home With Animals"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||July 26, 1995|
| Kenneth is observing a bird's egg, awaiting for it to hatch. Meanwhile, Barney and the kids discover all the different types of animal homes.
New Barney Songs: Hooray for Moms and Dads
|14||62||"It's Raining, It's Pouring..."||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||July 27, 1995|
| With a parachute and some imagination, Barney, BJ, and the kids come up with fun activities to do on a rainy day.
New Barney Songs: What Can We Play on a Rainy Day?
|15||63||"Camera Safari"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||July 28, 1995|
|Barney and his friends go on a pretend safari to learn all about wild animals. Each of the kids pretend to be an animal, while the others guess which animal they are pretending to be.|
|16||64||"Who's Who On The Choo Choo?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||October 2, 1995|
| Awaiting for a special surprise, Barney teaches the kids all about trains. Meanwhile, Baby Bop and BJ learn an important lesson about sharing.
New Barney Songs: Have a Snack!
|17||65||"Are We There Yet?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||October 3, 1995|
| The kids build Barney his very own car. After running some errands, Barney takes his friends on a fun car ride.
New Barney Songs: Wash the Car
|18||66||"Ship, Ahoy!"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||October 4, 1995|
| Stella the Storyteller tells Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids a story about how a bunch of adventurers sailed to Coco Island and met a friendly pirate.
New Barney Songs: Let's Go On An Adventure
|19||67||"Hats Off To BJ!"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||October 5, 1995|
|Barney and the kids help BJ search for a new hat, after losing his old one.|
|20||68||"Up We Go!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||October 6, 1995|
|BJ sends special riddles to Barney and the kids featuring fun "flying" activities they can all do. To return the favor, Barney takes BJ on a special airplane ride.|
- This season marked:
- The last season to feature Bob Singleton as the musical director. He would later serve as an alternate musical director for some of the home videos from 1997-2000.
- The first and only appearances of Juan and Kenneth.
- The first appearances of Ashley, Alissa, Stephen, Maria, Stella the Storyteller, and Mr. Boyd.
- The first season to use 2 Barney costumes.
- The first appearances of The Treehouse and The Adventure Screen.
- The final appearances of Julie, Derek, and Tina.
- The first season to be closed-captioned by the Caption Center WGBH Educational Foundation.
- The first season that uses clips of a kid or different kids saying "Hey everybody, it's time for Barney Says!".
- The first fifteen episodes were originally broadcasted with longer credits, similar to the first two seasons. Starting in September 1995, all episodes were re-edited to contain shorter credits.
- The last five episodes of the season were broadcasted under the "Back to School with Barney" programming block.
- The Baby Bop and BJ costumes become shorter to represent their respective ages.
- For this season, with the exception of Ship, Ahoy!, Stella the Storyteller uses props to act out the stories.
- Kathy is no longer seen with her teddy bear.
- Every episode of this season is directed by Bruce Deck.
- Due to moving to a new studio, the entire set was reconstructed:
- The playground is larger with a reconstructed playset. Instead of a bridge, the playset has a lookout tower.
- A treehouse with a porch was added.
- A new walking animation is used for the Barney & Friends logo.
- Filming for this season was originally scheduled for May 1994. But due to the lawsuit over the "I Love You" song, the production was pushed back to November 1994.
- This season was filmed at The Studios at Las Colinas and would continue to be produced there through Season 6.
- The production for this season begin on November 1, 1994 and ended in early 1995.
- Originally, in the first script for Barney's Great Adventure, the whole kids cast for this season, including Derek, appeared in the opening scene as cameos. Also, according to the original script, Marcella is Tosha's cousin. This scene probably got cut because, by the time they started filming, the cast was too old.