|Season 3, Episodes 49-68|
|Executive Producers|| Sheryl Leach|
|Writers|| Mark S. Bernthal|
Rebecca Self Snider
|Musical Directors||Bob Singleton|
|Season Premiere||February 27, 1995|
|Season Finale||October 6, 1995|
Season 3 of Barney & Friends aired from February 27 to October 6, 1995.
- Barney (David Joyner / Voiced by Bob West) [20/20]
- Baby Bop (Jeff Ayers / Voiced by Julie Johnson) [9/20]
- BJ (Jeff Brooks / Voiced by Patty Wirtz) [9/20]
- Min (Pia Manalo) [12/20]
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II) [11/20]
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes) [11/20]
- Carlos (Corey Lopez) [10/20]
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel) [10/20]
- Kathy (Lauren King) [10/20]
- Jason (Kurt Dykhuizen) [7/20]
- Kenneth (Nathan Regan) (debut) [6/20]
- Juan (Michael Krost) (debut) [5/20]
- Robert Hurtekant (played David in Shawn & the Beanstalk)
- Jessica Hinojosa (played Maria in Shawn & the Beanstalk)
- Frank Crim (I Can Be a Firefighter!)
- Cambodian Dancers (Any Way You Slice It)
- Maurie Chandler (played Ashley in Twice Is Nice!)
- Monet Chandler (played Alissa in Twice Is Nice!)
- Rickey Carter (played Derek in On the Move)
- Jessica Zucha (played Tina in On the Move)
- Chase Gallatin (played Stephen in On the Move, Classical Cleanup, and Are We There Yet?)
- Tomie dePaola (It's Raining, It's Pouring...)
- Todd Everett (played Reggie the Deliveryman in Hats Off to BJ!)
|1||49||"Shawn & the Beanstalk"||Mark S. Bernthal & Stephen White||Bruce Deck||February 27, 1995|
| After being worried about his science project, Shawn is informed by Barney that plants will grow with time, sunshine, water, and love. The kids also perform a version of Jack and the Beanstalk.
New Songs: The Raindrop Song
|2||50||"If the Shoe Fits..."||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||February 28, 1995|
|Barney helps the kids get ready for a performance of the "The Elves and the Shoemaker". Meanwhile, Baby Bop and BJ look for new shoes that will fit them.|
|3||51||"Room for Everyone"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 1, 1995|
| The kids show Barney their favorite rooms in their houses. When Carlos feels upset that he has to share a room with his brother, Stella shares a story about the importance of siblings sticking together.
New Songs: None
|4||52||"I Can Be a Firefighter!"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||March 2, 1995|
|Firefigher Frank visits the school to share Fire Safety rules.|
|5||53||"Shopping for a Surprise!"||Rebecca Self Snider||Bruce Deck||March 3, 1995|
|In order to prepare a special surprise party for Barney, the kids set up a pretend grocery store for Barney and Baby Bop to shop for party food and party decor.|
|6||54||"Any Way You Slice It"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 6, 1995|
|With some help from Barney and Stella the Storyteller, the kids put together their bread booth for the school's international festival.|
|7||55||"Twice Is Nice!"||Rebecca Self Snider||Bruce Deck||March 7, 1995|
|While on a scavenger hunt, the kids meet twin sisters Ashley and Alissa. They soon discover that twins may look the same, but they are both unique and special|
|8||56||"On the Move"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 8, 1995|
| Derek and Tina return to the school for a visit, so Barney and the kids prepare a surprise present. Meanwhile, BJ helps new friend Kenneth fit into his new school.
New Songs: Our New School
|9||57||"A Welcome Home"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||March 9, 1995|
|Min brings one of her puppies to school - hoping someone would adopt it. Being adopted herself, Julie quickly bonds with puppy.|
|10||58||"Classical Cleanup"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 10, 1995|
| After Baby Bop makes a mess in the classroom, Barney and the kids help clean it so Mr. Boyd can attend his concert.
New Songs: None
|11||59||"Our Furry Feathered Fishy Friends"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 13, 1995|
|The kids show Barney the pets they had brought to school for show and tell. When Kenneth's bunny goes missing, Barney and his friends help him get it back.|
|12||60||"Gone Fishing!"||Rebecca Self Snider||Bruce Deck||March 14, 1995|
| To help teach Juan how to take turns, Barney allows him to pick a fun activity that all of his friends can have fun doing. Juan decides that he wants to pretend that all of his friends are at an ocean park.
New Songs: Big and Little
|13||61||"At Home with Animals"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||March 15, 1995|
| Kenneth is observing a bird's egg, awaiting for it to hatch. Meanwhile, Barney and the kids discover all the different types of animal homes.
New Songs: Hooray for Moms and Dads
|14||62||"It's Raining, It's Pouring..."||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||March 16, 1995|
| With a parachute and some imagination, Barney, BJ, and the kids come up with fun activities to do on a rainy day.
New Songs: What Can We Play on a Rainy Day?
|15||63||"Camera Safari"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||March 17, 1995|
|Barney and his friends go on a pretend safari to learn all about wild animals. Each of the kids pretend to be an animal, while the others guess which animal they are pretending to be.|
|16||64||"Who's Who on the Choo Choo?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||October 2, 1995|
| Awaiting for the special surprise, Barney teaches the kids all about trains. When Baby Bop and BJ fight over who can be the train conductor or engineer, Barney tells them that sharing is the best way to have fun. The special surprise happens to be Stella the Storyteller - who tells the group the story of "The Little Engine that Could"
New Songs: Have a Snack!
|17||65||"Are We There Yet?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||October 3, 1995|
|The kids build Barney his very own car. After running some errands, Barney takes his friends on a fun car ride.|
|18||66||"Ship, Ahoy!"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||October 4, 1995|
| Stella the Storyteller tells Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids a story about a bunch of adventurers that had set sail to Coco Island. Washed upon shore, the adventures find a friendly pirate who wishes to be friends with the group.
New Songs: Let's Go on an Adventure
|19||67||"Hats Off to BJ!"||Mitch Lobrovich||Bruce Deck||October 5, 1995|
|BJ was very upset that he loses his red cap hat. After trying on many different hats. With some help from the Barney Bag, the kids make a hat similar to the one BJ lost.|
|20||68||"Up We Go!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||October 6, 1995|
|Barney and his friends spend a day playing outside on the playground. Stella the Storyteller stops by and tells a story about "The Three Butterflies". Everyone enjoys activities like rhymes, flying, and games. The children find out that it was BJ who was writing rhymes. To return the favor, Barney takes BJ on a special airplane ride.|
- This season marks:
- The first and only appearances of Juan and Kenneth.
- The first appearances of Ashley, Alissa, Stephen, Maria, Stella the Storyteller, and Mr. Boyd.
- The first season to use 2 Barney costumes.
- The first appearances of The Treehouse and The Adventure Screen.
- The final appearances of Kathy and Julie.
- The first season to be closed-captioned by the Caption Center WGBH Educational Foundation.
- The first and only season to be directed by the same director: Bruce Deck.
- This is the last season with the original opening theme song
- This is also the last season with the original closing theme song.
- From February 27 to early September 1995, this season had credits that were long as Seasons 1-2. Starting on September 11, 1995, the show utilized shorter credits and longer fundings. When PBS Kids Sprout aired some of this season's episodes, the station used the shorter credits version Two new national underwriters announced as "Barney & Friends" launches "Back to School with Barney" programming celebration.
- This is the first season of using clips of different kids doing different activities saying "Hey everybody, it's time for Barney Says." or "Hi everybody, it's time for Barney Says." at the end of each episode.
- For this season, Stella the Storyteller uses props to act out the stories.
- The Baby Bop and BJ costumes become shorter to represent their respective ages.
- Kathy is no longer seen with her teddy bear.
- The Playset in the playground is now bigger with a lookout and it doesn't have the bridge
- A new walking animation is used for the Barney & Friends logo.
- This season began production on November 1, 1994 and wrapped sometime in early 1995.