|Season 2, Episodes 31-48|
|Executive Producers|| Sheryl Leach|
|Writers|| Stephen White|
Mark S. Bernthal
|Directors|| Jim Rowley|
|Musical Directors||Bob Singleton|
|Production Company|| The Lyons Group|
Connecticut Public Television
|Season Premiere||September 27, 1993|
|Season Finale||October 20, 1993|
Season 2 of Barney & Friends aired from September 27 to October 20, 1993.
- Barney (Body: David Joyner / Voice: Bob West) [18/18]
- Baby Bop (Body: Jeff Ayers / Voice: Julie Johnson) [10/18]
- BJ (Body: Jenny Dempsey / Voice: Patty Wirtz) (debut) [5/18]
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II) [11/18]
- Derek (Rickey Carter) [10/18]
- Min (Pia Manalo) [10/18]
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes) [10/18]
- Kathy (Lauren King) [9/18]
- Tina (Jessica Zucha) [9/18]
- Michael (Brian Eppes) [7/18]
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel) (debut) [4/18]
- David (Kenny Cooper) (debut) [3/18]
- Robert Hurtekant (played David in "Falling for Autumn!")
- Cliff Porter (played Granddad Richards in "Grandparents Are Grand!")
- Jane Hall (played Kathy's Nana in "Grandparents Are Grand!")
- Sandy Walper (played Mother Goose in "Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!")
- Ray Henry (played as Clarence the Goose in "Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!")
- Jenny Dempsey (played Mr. Bear in "Hoo's in the Forest?")
- Becky Keenan ("Grown-Ups for a Day!")
- Douglas Burks ("Grown-Ups for a Day!")
- Tomie dePaloa ("Picture This!")
- Leah Montes (returns to play Luci in "The Exercise Circus!")
- Joe Scruggs ("'The Exercise Circus!")
- Joe Ferguson ("My Favorite Things")
- Jordan Kauffman ("Stop, Look and Be Safe!")
- Kurt Dykhuizen (played as Jason in "The Alphabet Zoo")
- Mary Ann Brewer (played as Aunt Molly in "The Alphabet Zoo")
- R. Bruce Elliott (played as Mr. Tenagain in "Having Tens of Fun!")
- Ella Jenkins ("A Very Special Delivery!")
- J.D. Mosley (played as Tosha's Mom in "A Very Special Delivery!")
- David J. Courtney (played as Tosha's Dad in "A Very Special Delivery!")
- Mario and Tiffany Starghill (played as Kevin and Kyle in "A Very Special Delivery!")
|1||31||"Falling for Autumn!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||September 27, 1993|
| While discovering the delights of fall, everyone prepares for the school's fall festival.
New Barney Songs: I Like Autumn
|2||32||"Grandparents Are Grand!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||September 28, 1993|
|Derek's grandfather and Kathy's grandmother visit the school. When Tina misses her abuelo, she learns that a grandparent's love always exists.|
|3||33||"May I Help You?"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||September 29, 1993|
| The kids show Barney their normal school routine. The kids perform "The Three Billy Goats Gruff"
New Barney Songs: Turn Off the Light
|4||34||"Red, Blue and Circles Too!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||September 30, 1993|
|Barney shows his friends that shapes and colors exist all around them.|
|5||35||"Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 1, 1993|
| After Clarence the Goose runs away, Mother Goose returns to the school for help. Barney and the children recite their favorite Mother Goose rhymes to lure Clarence back to Mother Goose
New Barney Songs: The Library
|6||36||"Hoo's in the Forest?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 4, 1993|
| Barney takes his friends on a trip to a forest.
New Barney Songs: Listen
|7||37||"I Can Do That!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 5, 1993|
|Barney, Baby Bop, and the kids discuss things that they can do. Barney brings out his special tap dancing shoes to tap dance in them.|
|8||38||"Grown-Ups for a Day!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 6, 1993|
| By trying on different costumes and hats, the kids pretend to have different careers. Barney brings some friends to the school to show the kids their career.
New Barney Songs: A Silly Hat
|9||39||"Picture This!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 7, 1993|
| Barney and the kids spend the day drawing pictures. Tomie dePaola drops by to show the kids how he draws pictures. Barney and the kids collaborate on their own original book.
New Barney Songs: It's Nice Just to Be Me
|10||40||"Look at Me, I'm 3!"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||October 8, 1993|
| It's Baby Bop's third birthday, so Barney and the kids throw her a surprise birthday party. Baby Bop's brother BJ drops by to join in the fun.
New Barney Songs: Look at Me, I'm Three
|11||41||"The Exercise Circus!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 11, 1993|
| Barney and the kids incorporate exercises into circus acts to show Tina that exercising can be fun. Joe Scruggs visits the school to share a silly song.
New Barney Songs: None
|12||42||"My Favorite Things"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 12, 1993|
| Barney and his friends learn about favorite things. Joe Ferguson visits to tell a story about shapes.
New Barney Songs: None
|13||43||"The Dentist Makes Me Smile"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 13, 1993|
| Shawn is worried about his loose baby tooth. Barney assures him that losing teeth is natural for his age. Tosha and Kathy show Barney and the other kids the procedure of a dental check-up.
New Barney Songs: Silly Things
|14||44||"Stop, Look and Be Safe!"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||October 14, 1993|
| Michael shows his new crossing guard uniform to his friends, thus leading to a discussion all about safety.
New Barney Songs: Indoor-Outdoor Voices
|15||45||"An Adventure in Make Believe"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||October 15, 1993|
|To help BJ learn how to use his imagination, Barney sets up a make-believe adventure to find a missing princess.|
|16||46||"The Alphabet Zoo"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 18, 1993|
| Barney and the kids decide to create their own zoo, filled with animals that start with each letter of the alphabet. Aunt Molly drops by to share a story.
New Barney Songs: The Tiger Song
|17||47||"Having Tens of Fun!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||October 19, 1993|
| Barney's friend, Mr. Tenagain visits the school to show the kids fun counting activities. Meanwhile, Mr. Tenagain has a very special surprise for Baby Bop!
New Barney Songs: A Big Parade Of Numbers
|18||48||"A Very Special Delivery!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||October 20, 1993|
| Tosha's special surprise is on the way. While they wait, Barney and the children discover different ways that make each of them special. Barney's friend Ella Jenkins shares some special songs with the kids.
New Barney Songs: None
- This season marked:
- The final season in which Kathy Parker serves as an executive producer.
- The final season in which Philip Parker serves as a song writer.
- The first season to have the yellow toes on the Barney doll. The Barney doll from this season also appeared in Season 3.
- The first season in which Barney's voice is at a higher-pitch.
- The first appearances of Julie, BJ, and Jason.
- The only appearance of David played by Kenny Cooper.
- The final appearance of Luci.
- The final regular appearances of Tina, Derek and Michael.
- The only season to be closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute. The episodes released on Home Video, as well as a few episodes aired on television, were closed-captioned by the Caption Center WGBH Educational Foundation, except for Barney's Families are Special.
- The first season of three seasons to have two renditions of "I Love You".
- The first season to use the 1993 PBS Kids logo with the P-Pals.
- The first season that Kimberly-Clark (and its Huggies family of baby products) signed on as a sponsor.
- Set Renovations:
- Playground: The swings and slide were replaced by a playground platform. The tire swing was removed.
- Classroom: Wallpaper changed. Tile floor replaced by carpet. Classroom door leading to the hallway replaced by a dutch door.
- New Barney and Baby Bop costumes are utilized, with a drastic shortening of the Baby Bop costume.
- Min starts to wear her stockings regularly, whenever she wears a dress.
- The Barney Bag is redesigned with one that will be used up through Season 6.
- David never appeared in any episodes with Julie, Jason, or any of the kids from The Backyard Gang.
- Like subsequent seasons afterward, with the exception of Season 8, the "Barney Theme Song" is re-shot and re-edited.
- The walking animation in the intro is the same as in the previous season but the slide is fast.
- This was the last season to be filmed at the ColorDynamics Studio in Allen. Production would move to the Studios at Las Colinas the following season.
- The production for this season begin in March 1993 and ended in August 1993.