|Season 1, Episodes 1-30|
|Season Premiere||April 6, 1992|
|Season Finale||May 15, 1992|
Season 1 of Barney & Friends aired from April 6 to May 15, 1992.
|1||1||"The Queen of Make-Believe"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 6, 1992|
|Min pretends to be the Queen of Make-Believe and wishes for a day of fun. From a tea party to building a pretend robot, Barney shows the kids that imagination can make any day more fun.|
|2||2||"My Family's Just Right for Me"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 7, 1992|
|With the school's 'Family Night' fast approaching, the kids are excited to show Barney all the fun activities that are planned. But when Kathy feels that her family is too small, Barney reassures her that size doesn't matter when it comes to family, only the love they share together.|
|3||3||"Playing It Safe"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 8, 1992|
|Officer Barney helps the kids learn about important safety rules. The kids perform 'Little Red Riding Hood' to teach Baby Bop about strangers.|
|4||4||"Hop to It!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 9, 1992|
|Tina is sad because she can't do a basketball trick that her sister Luci can. Throughout the day of fun exercise routines and games, Barney shows Tina that she can do lots of exercises by herself.|
|5||5||"Eat, Drink and Be Healthy!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 10, 1992|
|After Shawn decides to give his carrots away to his friends, Barney talks to him about the importance of healthy food. Luci tells a story about a boy who ate only noodles. A discussion of the different food groups and a sing along by James Turner leads Shawn to trying carrots.|
|6||6||"Four Seasons Day"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 13, 1992|
|Barney informs the children that it is 'Four Seasons Day': a make-believe special day in which weather from all four seasons appears all in one day. Barney and the kids discuss the different changes that occur throughout each of the four seasons.|
|7||7||"The Treasure of Rainbow Beard"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 14, 1992|
|A secret treasure map leads Barney and his friends to search for Rainbow Beard's treasure. The clues throughout the map have the kids search for different colors and shapes on the playground and in the classroom.|
|8||8||"Going Places!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 15, 1992|
| Barney takes the kids to Imagination City to show them the different types of transportation.
New Songs: The Airplane Song
|9||9||"Caring Means Sharing"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 16, 1992|
|After Min and Kahty fight over who gets to play with Barney, Barney teaches them that sharing is the best way to have fun.|
|10||10||"Down on Barney's Farm"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 17, 1992|
| After painting farm animals at school, the kids wish that they could see some real farm animals. So, Barney brings them to a make-believe farm, where his friend Farmer Henderson brings his own farm animals.
New Songs: None
|11||11||"What's That Shadow?"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 20, 1992|
|A thunderstorm at the school leads the kids to talk about things that scare them. By making silly monster masks and telling stories, the kids soon learn that the things that scare them aren't really that scary.|
|12||12||"Happy Birthday, Barney!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 21, 1992|
|It's Barney's Birthday, and the kids are throwing him a special party. Kathy can't decide on what to give to Barney, so she gives him her special teddy. Barney explains to her that the gift of love is the best birthday present of all. All of Barney's friends drop by to celebrate his special day.|
|13||13||"Alphabet Soup!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 22, 1992|
|Derek has a special mystery word for his friends to figure out. The kids play games and sing songs that are related to each letter of the mystery word.|
|14||14||"Our Earth, Our Home"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 23, 1992|
|A day of cleaning up the playground leads to a discussion about the ways people can protect the earth. The kids act out scenes|
|15||15||"Let's Help Mother Goose!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 24, 1992|
|After a bookworm eats pages from Mother Goose's book, Barney and his friends help recite their favorite Mother Goose rhymes to help her rewrite the book.|
|16||16||"Be a Friend"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 27, 1992|
|New student Tosha is feeling sad because she doesn't have any friends. After Barney introduces her to some of his friends, the kids think of activities that friends can do together. Meanwhile, Derek and Michael fight over who gets to keep a special picture that they both collaborated on.|
|17||17||"I Just Love Bugs"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 28, 1992|
| Tina's fascination with insects leads the kids to explore the different types of bugs that inhabit the planet. The kids make some special spiderweb pictures, and Barney reveals his favorite bug.
New Songs: Twinkle Little Lightning Bug
|18||18||"When I Grow Up..."||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||April 29, 1992|
|The kids are pretending to be grown-ups with their own careers. However, Shawn is upset because he doesn't want to grow up. Barney shows Shawn and his friends all sorts of different, exciting careers.|
|19||19||"1-2-3-4-5 Senses!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||April 30, 1992|
| Luci introduces her blind-friend Patty to Barney and the other kids. Barney provides the kids with special activities to help them discover how each of our five senses help us view the world.
New Songs: Five Senses Song
|20||20||"Practice Makes Music"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||May 1, 1992|
| Michael is fustrated because he has to play 'London Bridge' on his cello at a school concert and has been unsuccessful. Barney's friend Greg Murray comes by to play the piano and explain that making music takes a lot of practice. From being in a pretend marching band to dancing to different types of music, the kids discover the delights of music.
New Songs: The Marching Song
|21||21||"Hi, Neighbor!"||Stephen White||Bruce Deck||May 4, 1992|
| The kids are pretending to be explorers, wishing that they could go to a faraway place. Barney explains to them that they can explore their very own neighborhood. The kids decide to set up their favorite place in the neighborhood.
New Songs: Lookin' Round My Neighborhood
|22||22||"A Camping We Will Go!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||May 5, 1992|
|Barney takes his friends on a make-believe camping trip. On the trip, everyone discusses about their favorite things to do while camping. Luci tells a scary, silly story.|
|23||23||"A Splash Party, Please"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||May 6, 1992|
|An afternoon picnic provides the perfect opportunity for Barney to teach the kids all about manners. After the picnic, Barney has some special water activities for his friends.|
|24||24||"Carnival of Numbers"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||May 7, 1992|
|Barney transforms the playground and classroom into a carnival, filled with games and rides that utilize numbers.|
|25||25||"A World of Music"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||May 8, 1992|
| Barney takes his friends around the world to meet some of his friends and hear the country's music.
New Songs: None
|26||26||"Doctor Barney is Here!"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||May 11, 1992|
|Kathy is sad because she is afraid of going to the doctor. Doctor Barney takes her through a make-believe doctor check-up to show her that the going to the doctor is easy. The kids also discuss different ways to stay healthy.|
|27||27||"Oh, What a Day!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Jim Rowley||May 12, 1992|
|After losing her family's cat, Tina is having a terrible day. Barney explains to the kids how to deal with negative emotions and how to brighten any terrible situation.|
|28||28||"Home Sweet Homes"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||May 13, 1992|
|With some help from pictures drawn by other students, Barney and his friends discuss the different types of homes for people and animals. The kids act out the story of the 'Three Little Pigs'|
|29||29||"Hola, Mexico!"||Mark S. Bernthal||Bruce Deck||May 14, 1992|
|Luci is sad because she missed her grandfather's birthday fiesta. So, Barney and the kids throw a fiesta of their own, filled with special mexican traditions.|
|30||30||"Everyone is Special"||Stephen White||Jim Rowley||May 15, 1992|
| Through the help of his special surprise package, Barney shows his friends that each one of them is special in many different ways.
New Songs: None
- Barney (Body: David Joyner / Voice: Bob West) [30/30]
- Baby Bop (Body: Jenny Dempsey / Voice: Julie Johnson) [14/30]
- Derek (Rickey Carter) [20/30]
- Michael (Brian Eppes) [19/30]
- Min (Pia Hamilton; debut) [19/30]
- Luci (Leah Gloria) [18/30]
- Kathy (Lauren King) [17/30]
- Tina (Jessica Zucha) [17/30]
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II; debut) [15/30]
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes; debut) [7/30]
- James Turner ("Eat, Drink and Be Healthy!")
- Stephen White (played Rainbow Beard the Pirate in "The Treasure of Rainbow Beard")
- Max Vaughan (played Farmer Henderson in "Down on Barney's Farm")
- Sandy Walper (played Mother Goose in "Let's Help Mother Goose!")
- Donna Kraft (played Patty in "1-2-3-4-5 Senses!")
- Greg Murray ("Practice Makes Music")
- Vince Zubras Jr. (played Fergus McClaren in "A World of Music")
- Lesley Chudnow ("A World of Music")
- Britt Miller (played Efei Almani in "A World of Music")
- Gloria Chenams (played Gloria Chen in "A World of Music")
- Abundio Ortiz ("A World of Music")
- Rebecca Garcia ("Hola, Mexico!")
- Mark S. Bernthal (played Mr. Delivery Man in "Everyone Is Special")
- This season marks the debuts of Min, Shawn, and Tosha.
- This was the longest season in terms of number of episodes (30 episodes). It was also the closest to the Barney & the Backyard Gang videos.
- "Going Places!", "I Just Love Bugs", "A Camping We Will Go!", "A World of Music", "Oh, What a Day!", and "Hola, Mexico!" are the only episodes of this season that were not released on video.
- Down on Barney's Farm, A World of Music, and Everyone is Special (episode) (the finale of this season) are the only episodes of this season, not to have any new Barney songs.
- This is the only season where Barney's voice is low-pitched, just like in the Barney & The Backyard Gang videos. Beginning with Season 2, his voice becomes higher-pitched.
- This season was taped at the ColorDynamics Studios facility at Greenville Avenue & Bethany Drive in Allen, Texas, as were the Barney & The Backyard Gang videos.
- This was Luci's only season as a regular cast member. Luci, however, returned as a guest in the Season 2 episode "The Exercise Circus!".
- A majority of this season (twenty episodes) was released on VHS by Time Life Video.
- This is the only season in which Jenny Dempsey performed as Baby Bop's costume performer.
- This season marks the debut of The Barney Bag. It would be heavily upgraded for Season 2 until Season 6 .
- Kathy becomes a main character after her first appearance in "Rock with Barney".
- This was one of two seasons that was closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute.
- The scene where Barney as a doll winks while sitting on a swing as a rainbow forms at the end of the theme song was also used only at the end of the episode The Treasure of Rainbow Beard.
- Just like the Barney & the Backyard Gang videos (not counting the first 3 videos) the Barney doll lacks the yellow toes. Beginning with Season 2, the toes were added to a new one to match the Barney costume.
- PBS had announced that they would take Barney and Friends off the air in 1993 due to their difficult decision to choose the most popular new show on the channel, but many fans and their parents objected, so the stations agreed to keep Barney on the air and held a pledge drive for funds for the second season.
- This season began production in October 1991 and wrapped in April 1992.