|Barney Home Video|
|Rock with Barney|
|Release Date|| October 20, 1991 (Neiman Marcus)
January 29, 1992 (Wide Release)
|Available on DVD||No|
|Written by||Sheryl Leach|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Barney in Concert
Rock with Barney is the eighth and final video in the Barney & the Backyard Gang series. It was released exclusively in Neiman Marcus stores on October 20, 1991. This video had a wide release on January 29, 1992.
Adam's mother takes the Backyard Gang and Barney (still a stuffed toy) to the studio where she works. While there, Barney and the Backyard Gang tour the studio on their own, while producing their own show. From a cereal commercial set and a puppet show and a USA flag and an island paradise to a pretty jungle imagined by Tina, the show is filmed along with many props in the studio. With the power of imagination and a little movie magic, anything is possible when Barney's around.
Educational Theme: Parts of a Movie Studio/Ways to Protect the Earth
- Barney Theme Song
- We Are Barney and the Backyard Gang
- Help Protect the Earth
- Apples and Bananas
- Down By the Bay
- Six Little Ducks
- Me and My Teddy
- There are 50 Stars on Our Flag
- Yankee Doodle Dandy
- I Can Laugh
- The Frog on a Log
- Good Manners
- Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?
The Backyard Gang's New Friends
- This video marks:
- The first appearance of Kathy. She would later become a regular cast member for the first 3 seasons of Barney & Friends
- The only appearances of AJ, Joseph, and Jennifer.
- The last appearances of Amy and Adam.
- The final time Derek is seen without his regular glasses.
- The final time Dao Knight performs as Baby Bop.
- The final video to feature The Lyons Group logo at the end.
- The first of four Barney videos to not use I Love You. However, it appears as an underscore instead.
- The last time in which the Backyard Gang version of The Barney Theme Song is used.
- This video was originally a Neiman Marcus exclusive, as part of their Barney Boutique.
- Rickey Carter is uncredited for this video.
- On the producer's slate that Barney holds, it has the name Barney & Friends, which happens to be the name of the (then upcoming) television show in production in 1991.
- On January 16, 2001, this video was featured in the Blockbuster Exclusive video, "Barney's Rockin' Rhyme Time" (along with "Barney's Rhyme Time Rhythm").