|Barney Home Video|
|Rock with Barney|
|Release Date|| August 1, 1991 (Neiman Marcus)|
January 29, 1992 (Wide Release)
|Available on DVD||No|
|Written by||Sheryl Leach|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Run Time||35 Minutes|
Barney in Concert
Rock with Barney is the eighth and final video in the Barney & the Backyard Gang series. It was released exclusively in Neiman Marcus stores on August 1, 1991. This video had a wide release on January 29, 1992.
Adam's mother takes the Backyard Gang and Barney (still a stuffed toy doll) to the studio where she works. While there, Barney and the Backyard Gang tour the studio on their own, while producing their own show. From a cereal commercial set and a puppet show and the six little ducks and teddy bears and the US flag and an island paradise and a make up place to a jungle, the show is filmed along with many props in the studio. With the power of imagination and some movie magic, anything is possible when Barney's around.
Educational Theme: The parts of a Movie Studio / Ways to Protect the Earth
- Barney (Voice: Bob West, Costume: David Joyner)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson, Costume: Dao Knight) (cameo)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Amy (Becky Swonke)
- Adam (Alexander Jhin)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Adam's Mother (Lourdes Regala)
The Backyard Gang's New Friends
- Barney Theme Song
- We Are Barney and the Backyard Gang
- Help Protect the Earth
- Apples and Bananas
- Down By the Bay
- Six Little Ducks
- Me and My Teddy
- There are 50 Stars on Our Flag
- Yankee Doodle Dandy
- I Can Laugh
- The Frog on a Log
- Good Manners
- Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?
- This video marked:
- The last time the Backyard Gang version of the "Barney Theme Song" is used.
- The final appearances of Amy played by Becky Swonke and Adam played by Alexander Jhin.
- The final time Derek is seen without glasses.
- The first appearance of Kathy. She would later become a regular cast member for the first 3 seasons of Barney & Friends.
- The only appearances of AJ, Joseph, Jennifer and Adam's Mother.
- The final time Dao Knight performs as Baby Bop.
- The first time the "I Love You" song wasn't performed.
- This video was originally a Neiman Marcus exclusive, as part of their Barney Boutique.
- As part of this partnership, the video had several local premieres in the Dallas area. By being an In-Circle Club member, Nieman Marcus customers were able to purchase packages that included a theater viewing of the video.
- Rickey Carter is uncredited for this video.
- On the producer's slate, it has the name Barney & Friends, which happens to be the name of the (then upcoming) television show in production in 1991.
- On January 16, 2001, this video was featured in the Blockbuster Exclusive video, Barney's Rockin' Rhyme Time (along with Barney's Rhyme Time Rhythm).