|Barney Home Video|
|Rock with Barney|
|Release Date||January 29, 1992|
|Available on DVD||No|
|Written by||Sheryl Leach|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Barney in Concert
Rock with Barney is the eighth and final video in the Barney & the Backyard Gang series. It was released in stores on January 29, 1992, which was less than three months before the television series debuted.
Adam's mother takes the Backyard Gang and Barney (still a stuffed toy) to the studio where she works. While there, Barney and the Backyard Gang tour the studio on their own, while producing their own show. From a cereal commercial set and a puppet show and a flag and an island paradise to a pretty jungle imagined by Tina, the show is filmed along with many props in the studio. With the power of imagination and a little movie magic, anything is possible when Barney's around.
Educational Theme: Parts of a Movie Studio and Ways to Protect the Earth
- Barney Theme Song
- We Are Barney and the Backyard Gang
- Protect Our Earth
- Apples and Bananas
- Down By the Bay
- Six Little Ducks
- Me and My Teddy
- There are 50 Stars on Our Flag
- Yankee Doodle Dandy
- I Can Laugh
- The Frog on a Log
- Good Manners
- Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?
The Backyard Gang's New Friends
- This video marks:
- The first appearance of Kathy, and the first and only appearances of AJ, Joseph, Jennifer, and Adam's mother to date.
- The final appearances of Amy and Adam.
- The final time Dao Knight performs as Baby Bop.
- The final video to feature The Lyons Group logo.
- The first of four Barney videos to not use I Love You. However, it appears as an underscore instead.
- Rickey Carter is uncredited for this video.
- On the producer's slate that Barney holds, it has the name Barney & Friends, which happens to be the name of the (then upcoming) television show in production in 1991.
- Although Luci comments that they would not be able to perform under the umbrellas anymore; Tina, Derek, and herself would later perform the song in Down on Barney's Farm.
- This episode is featured in the Blockbuster Exclusive video, Barney's Rockin' Rhyme Time (along with Barney's Rhyme Time Rhythm).