|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Red, Yellow and Blue!|
|Season 7, Episode 7|
|Air date||September 10, 2002|
|Written by|| Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Play for Exercise!
Sarah leaves a colorful trail of footprints to guide Mario to their Caboose Color Collection. Strangely enough, Mario's flying pig fits into the red collection perfectly as the kids sing the fun song, "The Flying Pig." But how does a haystack fit into the blue collection? And where will they find more yellow objects for the yellow collection? Miss Jo paints a yellow flower, and Sarah makes yellow flowers out of crepe paper. Baby Bop contributes her yellow blankey, which leads to a search for a substitute blankey - but red and blue blankeys are just not the same as her favorite yellow one. When Barney makes the yellow flowers magically grow, Baby Bop is delighted to get her yellow blankey back. The day is a celebration of primary colors but, like all days with Barney, it's primarily fun!
Educational Theme: Primary Colors
Song List Edit
- Barney Theme Song
- A Great Day for Counting
- The Flying Pig
- Little Boy Blue
- Mary's Yellow Canary
- Colors Make Me Happy
- What Makes a Flower So Pretty?
- My Yellow Blankey
- Ring Around the Rosie
- Everybody Needs a Nap
- I Love You
- Jamal is mentioned in this episode. His only appearance in the previous episode, "Stop! Go!".
- Three of these kids (Mario, Sarah, and Tony), also appeared in "Up, Down and Around!" (with Whitney).
- This episode marks the first appearance of Miss Jo. Miss Jo would later appear in Here Kitty, Kitty!.
- This episode marks the only appearances of "The flying pig" and "Mary's yellow canary".
- On the DVD release of this, the Bonus Feature claims to be the read-along book "Barney's Book of Hugs". Instead, the story "Barney & Baby Bop's Band" is on it.
- The DVD version of this was included on the 6 DVD learning pack.