|Barney & Friends|
|Practice Makes Music|
|Season 1, Episode 20|
|Air date||May 1, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Michael is scheduled to play a cello solo at the school concert in a few days, and he is nervous about playing in front of all those people. Barney invites his friend Greg Murray to teach the kids about music, and help Michael learn that "practice makes perfect." Barney and his friends learn to identify musical instruments and their sounds, and to appreciate all the different varieties of music.
Educational Theme: Different Genres of Music and Perseverance
Stories: Emmit the Elephant Joins the Band
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Greg Murray (Himself)
- Barney Theme Song
- Kookaburra (Guitar Version)
- Crocodile Song
- Piano Medley: Pop Goes the Weasel, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Frere Jacques, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
- Old Brass Wagon
- The Marching Song
- I Am a Fine Musician
- London Bridge
- Everyone is Special
- I Love You
- The last picture seen during the credits of this episode is also the fifth picture seen on the Season 2 and 3 credits.
- This is the first episode Luci plays her guitar with "I Love You". The second time is "Hola, Mexico!"
- This is the first time Tosha and Luci appear together.
- In the Hebrew version, "Crocodile Song" and "I Am a Fine Musician" are cut out.
- The music on the record that keeps skipping are the waltz, Japanese music played in a "Sakura, Sakura" style and the polka.