|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Practice Makes Music|
|Season 1, Episode 20|
|Air date||May 1, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Greg Murray (guest appearance)
Michael is scheduled to play a cello solo at the school concert in a few days, and he is nervous about playing in front of all those people because he was having a hard time learning how to play it. Barney invites his friend Greg Murray to teach the kids about music, and help Michael learn that "practice makes perfect". Barney and the kids learn to identify musical instruments and their sounds, and to appreciate all the different varieties of music.
Stories: Emmit the Elephant Joins the Band
- Barney Theme Song
- Crocodile Song
- Piano Medley: (Pop Goes the Weasel, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Frere Jacques, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
- The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
- Old Brass Wagon
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat (Instrumental/Piano version)
- Dance Medley
- The Marching Song
- If You're Happy and You Know It (Instrumental)
- I Am a Fine Musician
- London Bridge
- Everyone is Special
- I Love You
- Michael would make references of him playing the cello in Everyone is Special, Picture This! and Sing and Dance with Barney.
- This is the last episode of Baby Bop's 7-Season 1 episode absence before returning in "Hi, Neighbor!".
- The different music types on the fixed record are a waltz, an instrumental version of the Japanese song "Sakura Sakura," and a polka.
- The song, "If You're Happy and You Know It" plays during the story "Emmit the Elephant Joins the Band".
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.