|Barney & Friends|
|Practice Makes Music|
|Season 1, Episode 20|
|Air date||May 1, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Michael is scheduled to play a cello solo at the school concert in a few days, and he is nervous about playing in front of all those people. Barney invites his friend Greg Murray to teach the kids about music, and help Michael learn that "practice makes perfect." Barney and his friends learn to identify musical instruments and their sounds, and to appreciate all the different varieties of music.
Educational Theme: Different Genres of Music and Perseverance
Stories: Emmit the Elephant Joins the Band
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Greg Murray (Himself)
- Barney Theme Song
- The Crocodile Song
- Piano Medley: (Pop Goes the Weasel, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Frere Jacques, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
- The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
- Old Brass Wagon
- The Marching Song
- I Am a Fine Musician
- London Bridge
- Everyone is Special
- I Love You
- In the international cuts, and the Hebrew version, the Crocodile Song and I Am a Fine Musician were removed.
- Michael would reference playing the cello in Everyone is Special, Picture This! and Sing and Dance with Barney.
- This is the first episode where Luci plays "I Love You" on her guitar. She also does so in that episode, "Hola, Mexico!", in which it was also the second episode to feature that.
- The different music types on the fixed record are a waltz, an instrumental version of Japanese song "Sakura Sakura," and a polka.
- Michael would later wear the same shirt in "Doctor Barney is Here!".
- The song "If You're Happy and You Know It" plays during the story "Emmit the Elephant Joins the Band".