|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Pot Full of Sunshine|
|Season 11, Episode 8B|
|Air date||September 26, 2007|
|Written by||Karl Geurs|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Coping with Death|
Lost and Found
Trail Boss Barney
Baby Bop is playing with Barney and the kids when she discovers a lonely little flower (a gerber daisy, according to the book Ava has). She puts it in a pot and raises it on her own. Later that day, it blooms into a full flower. However, the next day is chilly and the flower is drooping and is missing all the petals. Barney explains that the flower died, due to the cold weather, which makes Baby Bop terribly sad. He and the kids help Baby Bop cheer up by reminding her that they'll always be there for her no matter what happens. She then learns that some flowers don't last that long, though others survive the harsh winters and return in the spring. This brings Baby Bop back to her cheery self, as she is excited to take care of the flowers when spring comes around.
- This episode was featured in Dinos in the Park.
- This is one of the few times where death is mentioned in the Barney franchise. The first time was in the episode, "We've Got Rhythm", when Marvin Johnson describes a Native American dance about a Butterfly morning her husband's death.
- The story that Baby Bop was reading to her flower, The Little Star that Fell from the Sky, would soon be told in the episode "Starlight, Star Bright".
|•Pistachio and Full Team Ahead • The Magic Words and Litterbot • Bop 'til You Drop and The Sleepless Sleepover
• Little Red Rockin' Hood and The Whole Truth • The Wind and the Sun and The Nature of Things
• The New Kid and Grandpa's Visit • The Big Garden and Listen! • Lost and Found and Pot Full of Sunshine
• Trail Boss Barney and Get Happy! • For the Fun of It and Starlight, Star Bright • Big as Barney and No, No, No!
• The Emperor's Contest and Beethoven's Hear! • Guess Who? and Sweet Treats • Best in Show and The Chase
• Dream Big and That's What a Mommy Is • The Shrinking Blankey and The Awful Tooth
• The Blame Game and What's Your Name? • The Magic Caboose and BJ The Great
• Gift of the Dinos and A Visit to Santa • Riff's Musical Zoo and The Princess and the Frog