|Barney & Friends|
|Playing It Safe|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||April 8, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
My Family's Just Right for Me
Hop to It!
"Playing It Safe" is the third episode from Season 1 of Barney & Friends.
After the kids play "Three Little Monkeys", Barney and the gang learn all sorts of important safety rules. They even put on a play of "Little Red Riding Hood" to teach Baby Bop about strangers. Later, when Barney slips on a toy and hurts his tail a little, the gang learns about cleaning up their toys after they're finished playing with them.
Educational Theme: Safety Rules
Stories: Little Red Riding Hood
Song List Edit
- Barney Theme Song
- Three Little Monkeys
- The Traffic Light Song
- The Barney Bag
- Buckle Up My Seatbelt
- Walk Across the Street
- The Stranger Song
- Clean Up
- I Love You
- The Stranger Song Reprise)
- This episode was the first one released by Time Life Video.
- This is the first Barney & Friends episode where the Barney doll does not wink at the end. Instead, hearts are seen coming out of the doll. Those same hearts were also seen in Barney in Concert and Caring Means Sharing.
- This is the first time Baby Bop disappears into sparkly dust when she leaves.
- When the "Clean Up" scene from this episode was shown on the "Barney Safety" video, the close-up shot of Barney's sore tail and the red cross on the toy ambulance were both censored.
- This is the first time I Love You is sung in the classroom.
- The is the sixth episode where time lapse is used: In the play "Little Red Riding Hood", Luci (as Grandma) runs in fast motion around Derek (as the Big Bad Wolf) to escape. Later, she quickly spins and tangles the wolf in rope. After the play, Barney slipped on a toy ambulance and crashed.
- This is the first time Baby Bop forgot her blankey when she leaves. The second being Barney's Great Adventure.
- This is the very first time Kathy and Min appear together.
- This is the first episode with only one boy (Derek).