|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Pennies, Nickels, Dimes|
|Season 4, Episode 3|
|Air date||November 19, 1997|
|Written by||Mitch Lobrovich|
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
Is Everybody Happy?
We've Got Rhythm
The children decide that Goldie, their pet goldfish, is lonely. They want to buy Goldie a friend, a castle, and a plant for the bowl. After counting their coins, they discover they need more money to make their purchase. Also, Stephen realizes he has lost his prized quarter. Unbeknownst to him, Scooter has mistaken the lost quarter for trash and squirrelled it away in his stash. The children search for the quarter but don't find it. They utilize the Barney Bag to make a piggy bank to hold their money. The children work together to earn the additional money to buy a fish and some accessories for the fish bowl. By selling lemonade and cookies and cashing in aluminium cans, they nearly make their goal, but they're one quarter short. Scooter comes to the rescue by returning the quarter, and Goldie gets a friend!
- Barney Theme Song
- The Friendship Song
- Pennies in My Pocket
- A Hunting We Will Go
- The Barney Bag
- The Popcorn Song
- Ten Little Pennies
- Let's Take Care of Our Pets
- I Love You
- When Scooter McNutty takes Stephen's quarter, he is singing "Clean Up".
- Although The Popcorn Song was used in this episode, Barney and the kids don't make popcorn when that song was used.
- The arrangement for Let's Take Care of Our Pets is updated to its current rendition.
- Bob West does the phone voice of Mr. Wags the pet store owner in this episode.
|• First Day of School • Is Everybody Happy? • Pennies, Nickels, Dimes • We've Got Rhythm • Tick Tock Clocks!
• Waiting for Mr. MacRooney • Let's Build Together • It's Tradition • A Picture of Health • Play Ball!
• A Different Kind of Mystery • Going on a Bear Hunt • Let's Eat • Tree-Mendous Trees • Good, Clean Fun!
• Easy, Breezy Day! • All Mixed Up • Oh, Brother...She's My Sister • Once a Pond a Time • E-I-E-I-O