|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the song.|
|Barney & Friends Episode|
|My Family's Just Right for Me|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||April 7, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Different Kinds of Families|
The Queen of Make-Believe
Playing It Safe
Family Night is coming up the following week and the kids are having fun with families in different ways. All except for Kathy, who feels her family is too small. Barney comes and sees the others' projects for the special night, while she is in sorrow. Bringing it up to Barney later, he tells her that her family is a wonderful size. Luci reads a story about family pets, and Kathy leads the gang in singing My Family's Just Right for Me, to show her changed thoughts.
Stories: Animals are Family
- Barney Theme Song
- Family in the Dell
- Hush Little Teddy
- Rock-A-Bye Baby
- Riding in the Car
- The Sister Song
- Where is Family?
- My Family's Just Right for Me
- I Love You
- In the Hebrew version, The Family In The Dell is not sung, and instead it skips to Barney and the kids going inside the classroom.
- This marks:
- The quote "He's tangled up in the jump-rope again." references "Three Wishes".
- Several elements from this episode were later reused for the Season 5 episode "The One and Only You".
- This group (Tina, Luci, Kathy, Michael, and Derek) also appeared in "1-2-3-4-5 Senses!" with Patty, "Our Earth, Our Home", and "I Just Love Bugs" (the latter both without Kathy).
- In the Hebrew version, where the cast member was singing "Hush Little Baby" to her teddy bear, you can see Barney dancing in the background.
- On the PBS Pledge Drive version of this episode, the songs "The Family in the Dell" and "Where is Family?" were edited out to make the episode shorter. Also the ending to "The Barney Theme Song" is different than the original version. The Barney Says segment is also much different.
- The horn from The Backyard Show returns in this episode.