- This article is about the Season 1 episode. For the song, see My Family's Just Right for Me (song).
|Barney & Friends|
|My Family's Just Right for Me|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||April 7, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
The Queen of Make-Believe
Playing It Safe
Family Night is coming up the following week and the kids are having fun with families in different ways. All except for Kathy, who feels her family is too small. Barney comes and sees the others' projects for the special night, while she is in sorrow. Bringing it up to Barney later, he tells her that her family is a wonderful size. Luci reads a story about family pets, and Kathy leads the gang in singing My Family's Just Right for Me, to show her changed thoughts.
Educational Theme: Different and Special Kinds of Families
Stories: Animals are Family
- Barney Theme Song
- Family in the Dell
- Hush Little Teddy
- Rock-A-Bye Baby
- Riding in the Car
- The Sister Song
- Where is Family?
- My Family's Just Right For Me
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jenny Dempsey, Voice: Julie Johnson)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- In the Hebrew version, The Family In The Dell is not sung, and instead it skips to Barney and the kids going inside the classroom.
- This marks:
- The first episode written by Mark S. Bernthal.
- The first TV appearances of Baby Bop, Luci, Derek, and Kathy.
- The first time Jenny Dempsey performs as Baby Bop.
- The only time where Baby Bop interrupts Kathy's song. In fact, this is the only time anyone is interrupted from singing.
- The first episode that Derek is seen wearing glasses.
- The quote "He's tangled up in the jump-rope again." could possibly reference "Three Wishes", where Barney was also tangled in a jump-rope.
- Several elements from this episode were later reused for the Season 5 episode "The One and Only You".
- This group (Tina, Luci, Kathy, Michael, and Derek) also appeared in "1-2-3-4-5 Senses!".
- In the Hebrew version, where the cast member was singing "Hush Little Teddy" to her teddy bear, you can see Barney dancing in the background.
- Tina's hairstyle from "Barney Goes to School" returns in this episode. It is later shown in "Our Earth, Our Home".
- On the PBS Pledge Drive version of this episode, the songs "The Family in the Dell" and "Where is Family?" were edited out to make the episode shorter. Also the ending to "The Barney Theme Song" is different than the original version. The Barney Says segment is also much different.
- Luci wears the same shirt in Happy Birthday, Barney! and I Just Love Bugs.
- Barney, Baby Bop, and Kathy sing the whole I Love You song together, but not with the Backyard Gang kids (Michael, Derek, Tina, and Luci).
- The horn from The Backyard Show returns in this episode.