Grady Boyd is a character, played by Robert Sweatmon. He appeared in the Barney franchise from 1995 until 2008.
Mr. Boyd is known for being a jack of all trades, meaning he has done multiple jobs. While he is best known for being the school's janitor and later a park keeper, Boyd has had experiences with various other professions. No matter what he does, Mr. Boyd always takes on the task with a gentle and calm demeaning.
Mr. Boyd's many jobs are all listed here:
- Janitor (Season 3-6)
- Park Keeper (Season 7-8)
- Musician (Classical Cleanup, Barney's Band, Come Blow Your Horn!, and Play Piano with Me!)
- Bee Keeper (Sweet as Honey)
- Beach Store Owner (Barney's Beach Party)
- Photographer (The Best of Barney)
- Classical Cleanup (first appearance)
- First Day of School
- Barney's Halloween Party
- Barney's Band
- Colors All Around (episode)
- Sweet as Honey
- How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Barney's Beach Party
- Puppy Love
- Come Blow Your Horn!
- A New Friend
- A Parade of Bikes
- A Fountain of Fun
- Play Piano with Me!
- It's Your Birthday, Barney! (cameo)
- At Home in the Park
- The Best of Barney (last appearance)
- His first name, Grady, was revealed when Colleen called him "Uncle Grady" in A New Friend.
- Mr. Boyd is able to play the piano in Classical Cleanup and Play Piano with Me!, the sousaphone, and the French horn rather well. In Barney's Band, it is shown that he can play the trombone, saxophone, clarinet, drums, and flute with some proficiency.
- Starting in Litterbot, it can be assumed that Mr. Copeland took over Mr. Boyd's job as park keeper.