|Barney & Friends|
|Let's Help Mother Goose!|
|Season 1, Episode 15|
|Air date||April 24, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Our Earth, Our Home
Be a Friend
Mother Goose needs help! A bookworm has eaten the pages from her book of nursery rhymes, and Barney and the kids must help her remember the missing rhymes! Songs, dances, puzzles and puppets showcase more than 20 favorite rhymes...and Barney's friends learn how much fun a book can be!
Educational Theme: Mother Goose Rhymes
- Barney Theme Song
- Mother Goose Please Appear
- I'm Mother Goose
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
- Humpty Dumpty
- Old King Cole
- Tea Party Medley: (Polly Put the Kettle On, Little Jack Horner, The Muffin Man, Pat-A-Cake, Pease Porridge Hot, & Polly Put the Kettle On (Reprise))
- Peter Piper
- Three Little Kittens
- Jack Be Nimble
- One Two Buckle My Shoe
- Jack and Jill
- Little Miss Muffet
- Little Boy Blue
- Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
- Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Mother Goose (Sandy Walper)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Shawn (John David Bennett II)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- On May 26, 1993, this episode was released on VHS as "Barney Rhymes with Mother Goose".
- This is the first episode where Mother Goose appears.
- In the international versions of this episode, the "Tea Party Medley" and "The Mulberry Bush" are sung but cut short.
- On the 1993 PBS pledge drive marathon version, the "I'm Mother Goose", "Tea Party Medley" and "Peter Piper" were cut out, presumably for time constraints.
- Michael wore the same shirt in "The Queen of Make-Believe", but in that episode, he had gray sweatpants instead of blue jeans.
- Min and Shawn appear within Sandy Walper's appearances.
- Three of these kids (Michael, Min, and Shawn) also appeared in "The Queen of Make Believe" with Tina, and in Four Seasons Day with Luci.
- Kathy wears the same outfit in When I Grow Up....