The Late Show with David Letterman is an award-winning CBS late night talk show hosted by David Letterman with band leader and sidekick Paul Shaffer. Letterman previously hosted Late Night with David Letterman on NBC from 1982 until 1993.
- On the September 23, 1993 show, as part of the "Dave's Record Collection" segment, David Letterman showed off Barney's Favorites Vol. 1, playing the song I Love You. When the final line played ("Won't you say you love me too?") was shortly after he puts the CD aside, he jokingly said "OK, I love you, Barney."
- In his Trick or Treat segment in 1993, one girl's costume was Barney "after he was hit by an 18-wheeler."
- On David Letterman's Top Ten Reasons Why Hilary (Clinton) Won't Be Invited Back to Sesame Street list (on October 15, 1993), the number one reason was "Kept saying "Where the hell's Barney?" "
Top Ten Horrifying Secrets about Barney the Dinosaur
April 13, 1993
- 10. Spent the 70s traveling around the country following the Grateful Dead.
- 9. Stormy marriage to Tanya Tucker lasted only six days.
- 8. Purple color the result of alcohol-induced hypertension.
- 7. Bitterly refers to "E.T." as "the luckiest damn space monkey in Hollywood."
- 6. Bangs the production assistants as fast as they can hire them.
- 5. Is other half-brother of Roger Clinton.
- 4. He and Mickey Rourke were forcibly ejected from the Golden Nugget casino in Las Vegas after assaulting a black jack dealer.
- 3. Before plastic surgery, was one of the Jackson Five.
- 2. Offered Fred Flintstone a million dollars for one night with Dino.
- 1. Two words: silicone tail.