|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Season 4, Episode 8|
|Air date||November 26, 1997|
|Written by||Perri Verdino-Gates|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
Let's Build Together
A Picture of Health
The kids are sharing stories about their family traditions/celebrations. Ashley and Alissa tell everyone about the "Sister Celebration" that their family has each year. Robert can't think of a tradition that his family shares. Barney explains that a family tradition is something that a family does together. Stella tells a story about a special quilt, and the children make family flags with the use of the Barney Bag. They discover how special times and shared experiences become traditions.
Educational Theme: Family Traditions
Stories: The Family Quilt
- Barney Theme Song
- The More We Get Together
- It's a Family Tradition
- Looby Loo
- The Fiesta Song
- My Family's Just Right For Me
- The Barney Bag
- A Camping We Will Go
- I Love You
- The picnic pictures shown on the school bulletin board featured Generation 2 cast members Ashley, Chip, Kristen, Robert, Jeff, Keesha, Kim, and Maria. These pictures were most likely taken at a season opener picnic.
- On the Spanish version, "The More We Get Together" isn't sung.
- It is revealed that Kristen got a bracelet from Mexico.
- This is the nineteenth episode to only feature one boy (Robert).
- Stella's Mexican dress would later appear in the 20th anniversary special The Best of Barney.