|Barney & Friends Episode|
|It's Your Birthday, Barney!|
|Season 8, Episode 18|
|Air date||May 12, 2004|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
That Makes Me Mad!
Every day with Barney is fun-but today is stuuu-PENDous special: it's Barney's birthday! His friends decide to throw a party and BJ and Baby Bop arrive with party supplies to help prepare for the festivities. Jackson is inspired by their assortment of handmade presents and hurries home in search of a very "special" gift for Barney. While waiting for his return, they play party games, sing songs and open presents. Finally, Jackson arrives with a very small gift ... which turns into a very big birthday surprise!
- Barney Theme Song
- A Tisket, A Tasket
- Growing Big and Tall
- I Love Birthdays
- Clean Up
- Colors All Around
- The Fishing Song
- She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Happy Birthday to You
- I Love You
- This episode marked:
- The only Season 8 episode where Jackson appeared with Baby Bop. However, he would later appear with her in some 9-10 episodes.
- The final appearances of Gianna, Angela, Beth, Scott, and Bingo.
- The only time Jackson appeared with Beth and Angela.
- Another time where no one says goodbye at the end.
- The only Season 8 episode where Barney doesn't turn back into a doll.
- In the beginning of the second verse of the song, "A Tisket, A Tasket", the second verse beginning key for the song "I Love You" from Season 2 is being used.
- This episode was used on the Interactive DVD, "Celebrate with Barney".
- This episode was featured in "Happy Birthday, Barney!".