|Barney & Friends Episode|
|I Can Be a Firefighter!|
|Season 3, Episode 4|
|Air date||March 2, 1995|
|Written by||Mitch Lobrovich|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
Room for Everyone
Shopping for a Surprise!
BJ decides that he wants to become a firefighter and announces it to his friends. Julie has decided that she would like to be a firefighter as well. Firefighter Frank visits the gang and teaches them all about fire safety in the home.
Educational Theme: Fire Safety and The Duties of a Firefighter
- Tosha wears the same vest in On the Move and At Home with Animals, but in those episodes she wears a red shirt instead of a blue one, and Julie wears the same leggings in Camera Safari.
- The Barney costume used in this episode will be later to "On the Move" and "At Home with Animals".
- This is the first time, since Stop, Look and Be Safe! where BJ appears where his sister Baby Bop doesn't appear.
- This is the very first time BJ crawls on the floor, and also the only episode where Julie's hairstyle is a ponytail.
- Tosha reveals she just went through a house fire.
- When the gang sings Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Firetruck, they don't use the firetruck like the other versions have. They instead use the playset, and have Chief sit with Julie.