|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Hop to It!|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||April 9, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Exercising and Keeping Fit|
Playing It Safe
Eat, Drink and Be Healthy!
When Tina and Luci are playing basketball, Tina is disappointed when she can't perform a basketball trick like her sister can. Barney stops by to show Tina all the great things she can do with exercise. Barney and the kids play games and sing songs about exercise and find out how fun it is to learn about their bodies. With new found energy and confidence, Tina ends up being able to do the trick.
- Barney Theme Song
- Tina's Sad Song
- Our Friend Barney Has A Face
- The Clapping Song
- The Exercise Song
- Move Your Body
- The Shape Up Freeze
- The Shape Up Freeze (Reprise)
- Animals in Motion
- I Love You
- In the Hebrew adaption, the second and last verse of Animals in Motion are removed.
- Also in the Israeli version of this episode (which is called "Hands on the Head" in that production), after the kids get Barney unstuck, if you look carefully behind the tree, you can see Baby Bop.
- This episode marks:
- This group (Min, Tina, Michael, and Luci) also appeared in The Exercise Circus! (with Derek and Tosha).
- It is revealed in this episode that Min doesn't like to take naps.
- During the I Love You song, Barney and Tina sung the entire duet.
- A different Barney doll is used at the beginning of this episode. It would be seen again in Going Places!