|Barney & Friends|
|Hop to It!|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||April 9, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Playing It Safe
Eat, Drink and Be Healthy!
When Tina and Luci are playing basketball, Tina is disappointed when she can't perform a basketball trick like her sister can. Barney stops by to show Tina all the great things she can do with exercise. Barney and the kids play games and sing songs about exercise and find out how fun it is to learn about their bodies. With new found energy and confidence, Tina ends up being able to do the trick.
Educational Theme: Exercising and Keeping Fit
- Barney Theme Song
- Tina's Sad Song
- Our Friend Barney Has A Face
- The Clapping Song
- The Exercise Song
- Move Your Body
- The Shape Up Freeze
- The Shape Up Freeze (Reprise)
- Animals in Motion
- I Love You
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jenny Dempsey, Voice: Julie Johnson) (cameo)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- In the Hebrew adaption, the second and last verse of Animals in Motion are removed.
- This episode marks:
- This group (Min, Tina, Michael, and Luci) also appeared in The Exercise Circus! (with Derek and Tosha).
- In the Israeli version of the episode ("Hands on the Head"), after the kids get Barney unstuck, if you look carefully behind the tree, you can see Baby Bop.
- It is revealed in this episode that Min doesn't like to take naps.
- A different Barney doll is used in this episode. It would be seen again in Going Places!.
- Tina wears the same outfit in I Just Love Bugs.
- Min has the same pigtail hairstyle in her cameo in Going Places!, and she wears the same pair of shorts in Four Seasons Day.
- Michael wears the same shirt in 1-2-3-4-5 Senses!