|Barney & Friends|
|Season 1, Episode 29|
|Air date||May 14, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
Home Sweet Homes
Everyone is Special (episode)
Luci gets a letter from her grandfather explaining how his birthday party was in Mexico and how he wished she could've been there too. While Luci wishes that she could've gone, Barney and the kids do the next best thing by throwing a fiesta of their own. The fun begins with Mexican instruments and Barney's friend Rebecca Garcia, a Mexican folk dancer, comes and dances Los Machetes, along with teaching everyone the dance A La Derecha. From there, the kids make tortillas and chalupas, while Barney helps himself to the chips and salsa (which he quickly realizes the salsa is spicy). From a game called San Miguel's Ring and the Itsy Bitsy Spider sung in Spanish, to Looby Loo and a piñata, the fiesta fun keeps going. And to wrap it all up, Luci sings I Love You in Spanish.
Educational Theme: Mexican Traditions
- Barney Theme Song
- The Friendship Song
- Diez Amigos
- The Fiesta Song
- I Am a Fine Musician
- A La Derecha
- The Tortilla Song
- San Miguel's Ring
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Looby Loo
- Hit the Piñata
- I Love You
- Although "I Love You" was also sung as "Te Amo" in Barney's Campfire Sing Along, the official way to sing it in Spanish, "Te Quiero", did not come about until Barney & Friends was dubbed in Spanish.
- The Israeli version of this episode (from Hachaverim Shel Barney) was about an Arabian hafla (a feast), rather than a Mexican fiesta.
- "Abuelito" was misspelled "oblilioso" in the episode's closed captions.
- This is the second episode where Luci plays "I Love You" on her guitar. She had previously done that in "Practice Makes Music".
- When this episode aired on PBS Kids Sprout, the original credits were used, as to being opposed to the shorter ones used in most reruns.
- This group (Min, Shawn, Luci, and Derek) also appeared in "A World of Music".
- The portrait of Luci's grandfather is omitted when Barney turns the classroom back to normal.
- In "San Miguel's Ring", Derek accidentally lets go of Min's hand at one point.
- Luci wears the same outfit in 1-2-3-4-5 Senses!, and Min wears the same dress in Caring Means Sharing and Going Places!
- This is the last use of Barney's low voice.
- ↑ Zacharia, Janine. "Why Barney Doesn't Wear a Yarmulke" The Jerusalem Report (December 25, 1997)