|Barney & Friends Episode|
|Happy Birthday, Barney!|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||April 21, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
What's That Shadow?
After singing "There Are Seven Days", the kids find out that it's Barney's birthday, and he's turning two hundred million years old, or two dinosaur years. Everyone then plans a special birthday party for Barney, with songs, games, decorations, and, of course, cake. Min and Tina also take time to explain how birthdays are celebrated in Mexico and The Philippines respectively, and they sing birthday songs from both places. After giving Barney her teddy bear, Kathy learns that presents aren't the most important thing of a birthday; it's the thought that counts. Barney makes a special birthday wish for all his friends to join him at the birthday party, and of course, it comes true. Everyone ends by singing I Love You, and they continue to celebrate from there.
- Barney Theme Song
- There Are Seven Days
- Las Mañanitas
- Maligayang Bati (Filipino Birthday Song)
- Frosting the Cake
- She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain
- Roses are Red
- Everyone is Special
- Happy Birthday to You
- Hey, Hey, Our Friends Are Here
- I Love You
- In the Hebrew production of this, Baby Bop was seen standing in the classroom corner before she was supposed to magically arrive. And in the end of that version, the frame doesn't freeze.
- Although the song "Hey, Hey, Our Friends Are Here" appeared as an underscore when the balloons dropped, it was not sung in either the Spanish or the Hebrew version of this episode. The song "Frosting the Cake" wasn't sung in the Israeli version either, although it appeared as an underscore when the birthday cake that has decorated came to life.
- Also, the Spanish version excludes Min's Filipino birthday song and Tina's explanation on what "Feliz cumpleaños" means (since this was being dubbed in Spanish to begin with). Instead, Tina says "Feliz cumpleaños, Barney." and it cuts to the cake scene.
- It is revealed that Barney is now two hundred million years old (two dinosaur years).
- When this episode aired, the Barney Fan Club gave members the chance to send in birthday cards for Barney via Fan Mail.