|Barney & Friends Episode|
|First Day of School|
|Season 4, Episode 1|
|Air date||November 17, 1997|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
Up We Go!
Is Everybody Happy?
Tomorrow is the first day of school for Stephen! Eager to get a look at what he can expect, Mr. Boyd lets Stephen visit the school classroom a day early in the company of Barney and his friends. In the school classroom, Barney shows Stephen and the others about numbers and counting, the letters of the alphabet, books and music, art and more. BJ gets a lesson in 'indoor and outdoor' voices. Stella the Storyteller visits and tells the story of 'Wigglenose and Womp.' Meanwhile, in the treehouse, Baby Bop conspires with Miss Etta and Scooter to create her very own "Baby Bop School" - a pretend school as envisioned by a three-year-old dinosaur.
Stories: The Elephant and the Mouse
- Barney Theme Song
- The More We Get Together
- The Classroom Song
- One Two Buckle My Shoe
- Alphabet Song
- Indoor-Outdoor Voices
- Colors All Around
- I Love You
- This episode marked:
- Although Baby Bop appears in this episode, she doesn't sing songs in this episode.
- Ray Henry was the puppeteer behind the elephant trunk in this episode.
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.
|• First Day of School • Is Everybody Happy? • Pennies, Nickels, Dimes • We've Got Rhythm • Tick Tock Clocks!
• Waiting for Mr. MacRooney • Let's Build Together • It's Tradition • A Picture of Health • Play Ball!
• A Different Kind of Mystery • Going on a Bear Hunt • Let's Eat • Tree-Mendous Trees • Good, Clean Fun!
• Easy, Breezy Day! • All Mixed Up • Oh, Brother...She's My Sister • Once a Pond a Time • E-I-E-I-O