|Barney & Friends|
|Everyone is Special|
|Season 1, Episode 30|
|Air date||May 15, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Falling for Autumn!
Min pretends to be a grown-up to be someone special. She appears to be so convincing, Mr. Delivery Man actually mistook her for an adult and gives her a special package for Barney. Barney mentions it's a surprise for later and he reminds Min that she's special just the way she is. Throughout the day, Barney and the kids do fun activities that others like to do. They even pretend to be robots to show being the same is boring. When Kathy, Shawn, Luci, and Derek show up, Barney's ready to reveal his big surprise that'll show a special person. It turns out to be a mirror. Barney wasn't lying when he said it would show someone special.
Educational Theme: The Ways that Make People Unique
- Barney Theme Song
- Everyone is Special
- I'm a Little Robot
- Mister Sun
- The Clapping Song
- The Sister Song
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
- Everyone is Special (Reprise)
- I Love You
- This is the first and only episode that all eight original cast members (in Season 1) appear together (Michael, Shawn, Derek, Kathy, Tina, Luci, Min, and Tosha).
- This is the last episode to use the 1991 arrangement of Everyone Is Special.
- This is the third time Barney is seen transforming back into a doll. The first time was in The Backyard Show, and the second time was in A Day at the Beach.
- This is the last episode to use the full 1992 arrangement of I Love You. A shortened arrangement will be used later in "Grandparents Are Grand!".
- Min wears the same outfit in "When I Grow Up...".
- Before the second / last verse of Everyone is Special, the kids mention ways the others are unique.
- This is the first time no one says goodbye to Barney before turning back into a toy dinosaur.
- This is the last time Luci appears with Kathy and Shawn.
- This episode marks the final regular appearance of Luci. Luci would later make a guest appearance in the Season 2 episode The Exercise Circus!.
- Luci recites a poem again in this episode. She recited "If Everyone's Name were exactly the same."
- This is the first use of Barney's high voice, though the Season 1 songs are taken from previous episodes except I'm a Little Robot and the reprise of Everyone is Special which uses Barney's high voice. The voice was also used in "Barney's Magical Musical Adventure" and most of the Season 3-6 episodes and the 1995/1996 remake of Barney in Concert while singing "Everyone is Special".