|Barney & Friends|
|Doctor Barney is Here!|
|Season 1, Episode 26|
|Air date||May 11, 1992|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
A World of Music
Oh, What a Day!
An upcoming trip to the doctor has Kathy feeling blue. A big dose of purple is just what she needs, and it's Barney and friends to the rescue. They get her happy again with a zany song, then lead her to a make believe visit to the doctor. The check up includes receiving a shot, which shows kids that it is not so bad when you know about them before hand. The kids sing and dance their way through Barney's famous "feel good rules" to keep those young bodies strong. Who says health has to be boring? Not Barney!
Educational Theme: A Trip to the Doctor and the Ways to Keep Healthy
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jenny Dempsey, Voice: Julie Johnson)
- Michael (Brian Eppes)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
Song List Edit
- Barney Theme Song
- Boom, Boom, Ain't it Great to Be Crazy?
- The Doctor is a Friend of Mine
- This Is The Way
- Apples and Bananas
- Brushing My Teeth
- The Exercise Song
- The Sleep Song
- I Love You
- This group (Kathy, Derek, Michael, and Tosha) also appeared in the episode, "Be a Friend".
- This episode was remade in Season 4 as "A Picture of Health", and later in Season 9 as "My Friends, The Doctor and the Dentist".
- This is the second episode that Baby Bop fades away when she leaves. The first was "Playing It Safe". This also continues to happen all the time, starting with "Barney's Magical Musical Adventure".
- This is the second time that Kathy sits on the swing feeling sad. The first time was in "My Family's Just Right for Me".
- This is the third time Baby Bop's blankey was founded by Barney and the kids before she AAppears.