|Barney & Friends|
|Be a Friend|
|Season 1, Episode 16|
|Air date||April 27, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Let's Help Mother Goose!
I Just Love Bugs
Barney finds Tosha, a new girl at school, lonely and without friends. He introduces her to Michael, Derek, and Kathy. Together, they learn why doing things with friends is much more fun than being alone. At the same time, the boys must learn the true meaning of friendship and sharing when they cannot agree on who should get possession of a picture they made together. In the end, they give their picture to Tosha as a gift.
Educational Theme: Making New Friendships
Stories: The Lion and the Mouse
- Barney Theme Song
- Look Through the Window
- The More We Get Together
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
- Oh, Where Has My Teddy Bear Gone
- The Three Bears Rap
- The Friendship Song
- I Love You
- This episode marks the first apperance of Tosha.
- The last picture in the credits for this episode is also the last picture for the Season 2 and 3 credits.
- Before making its actual debut in Honk! Honk! A Goose on the Loose!, the song, The Library is first heard in this episode as an underscore when Barney and the kids walk to their little library section in the classroom.
- This also the first episode where The Barney Theme Song had a scene change near the end of the song, where Barney hugs everyone when they meet him in Happy Birthday Barney to a scene from A World of Music.
- This group (Tosha, Michael, Derek, and Kathy) also appeared in "Doctor Barney is Here!"
- Min appears in the beginning of this episode. She is seen pushing a handicapped child in a wheelchair.
- The music for the Barney Says segment omits the flute in this episode. This later happens again in Practice Makes Music, A Splash Party, Please, Carnival of Numbers, I Can Do That! and At Home with Animals.