|Barney Home Video|
|Release Date||April 11, 1995|
|Available on DVD||No|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Barney's Families are Special
Making New Friends
Barney Safety is a Barney Clip Show that was released on April 11, 1995. It is the first Barney Clip Show to be released to stores. This video uses clips from Season 1-3 episodes of "Barney & Friends".
Barney and the kids talk about safety rules, relating them to past memories. From street and fire safety to being safe at home, Barney and friends cover it all. They also recap their visit from Firefighter Frank.
Poems: Safe Means Smart
- Barney (Costume: David Joyner; Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Costume: Jeff Ayers; Voice: Julie Johnson)
- BJ (Costume: Jeff Brooks; Voice: Patty Wirtz)
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II)
- Min (Pia Hamilton)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Jason (Kurt Dykhuizen)
- Look Through the Window
- The Traffic Light Song (Scene Taken from: Playing It Safe)
- Walk Across the Street (Scene Taken from: Stop, Look and Be Safe!)
- I Can Laugh (Scene Taken from: 1-2-3-4-5 Senses!)
- The Rocket Song (Scene Taken from: Grown-Ups for a Day!)
- Buckle Up My Seatbelt (Scene Taken from: Playing It Safe)
- Bubble, Bubble Bath (Scene Taken from: I Can Do That!)
- Clean Up (Scene Taken from: Playing It Safe)
- Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Firetruck (Scene Taken from: Going Places!)
- The Five Senses Song (Scene Taken from: I Can Be a Firefighter!)
- Everyone is Special (Scene Taken from: Picture This!)
- I Love You
- During the credits, a still from "Classical Cleanup", when Barney and the kids are cleaning and singing "Clean Up", is shown. A similar still is shown on the video box. However, the video does not feature any clips from that episode. This might mean that originally, it was planned to have the "Clean Up" scene from Classical Cleanup. However, it was changed to the scene from Playing It Safe, possibly because the footage from Classical Cleanup had nothing to do with safety.
- This is another time Barney isn't seen coming to life. Instead, he searching for his safety book.
- This group (Min, Tosha, Jason and Shawn) also appeared in the episode, Shawn & the Beanstalk.
- This is the first home video to feature The Adventure Screen. The next being Camp WannaRunnaRound.
- The Adventure Screen segment about the fire station is the same as the one used in I Can Be a Firefighter!. The lines are redelivered, despite being nearly identical to the ones used in the episode.
- Tosha says that Firefighter Frank's advice helped her when the fire at her house did happen, despite the fact that she mentioned it before his visit on I Can Be a Firefighter. It's either a goof or another fire could have occurred at Tosha's house after the episode.
- This is the 3rd Barney video to be televised, with the first being Barney in Concert and the second being Imagination Island. However, Imagination Island aired on Television before it was released on Home Video.
- When it originally aired on television, it was aired during PBS Pledge Drives in 1995, unlike how Imagination Island originally aired on NBC a year earlier.