|Barney Home Video|
|Barney Live! In New York City|
|Release Date||August 3, 1994|
|Available on DVD||No|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
Barney's Alphabet Zoo
Barney Live! In New York City (known on show posters as Barney Live! At Radio City) was Barney's second stage show (following Barney in Concert at the Dallas Majestic Theater), performed at Radio City Music Hall in New York City from March 6, 1994. It was released on video on August 3, 1994, becoming the first video in the Classic Collection series.
Barney and his friends take the stage to delight and entertain everyone at Radio City Music Hall. They all work together to make a special surprise for the audience using items from "The Barney Bag". But before they are able to share it, a new visitor, The Winkster, sneaks away with the bag! Throughout the show, the kids are trying to catch The Winkster and teach him that it is so important to have friends and to share. Also, the chase takes everyone to "Barney's Imagination Circus" with fun-loving clowns and some dancing bears.
(In Order of Appearance)
- Announcer (Charles Edward Hall)
- Barney (David Joyner/Carey Stinson as body performer, Bob West as voice)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Carlos (Corey Lopez) (debut)
- Kelly (Rebecca Wilson) (only appearance)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Shawn (John David Bennett II)
- Baby Bop (Jeff Ayers as body performer, Julie Johnson as voice)
- The Winkster (David Voss/Ashley Wood)
- BJ (Jeff Brooks as body performer, Patty Wirtz as voice)
- Guest (Morgan Jordan)
- Barney Theme Song
- The More We Get Together
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Ring Around the Rosie
- My Yellow Blankey
- The Barney Bag
- The Winkster
- She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain
- BJ's Song
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game
- Rain Medley (Rain, Rain, Go Away and It's Raining, It's Pouring)
- If All the Raindrops
- And the Green Grass Grows All Around
- I Am a Fine Musician
- Boom, Boom, Ain't it Great to Be Crazy?
- The Wheels on the Bus
- Three Little Monkeys
- Do Your Ears Hang Low?
- The Airplane Song
- Me and My Teddy
- Four Little Ducks
- My Aunt Came Back
- London Bridge
- Star Medley: (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Star Light, Star Bright)
- Please and Thank You
- Everyone is Special
- Due to the 1994 lawsuit, I Love You was not sung in this production.
- This stage show/video marks the first appearance of the newer Barney costumes. Both costumes would later be used in Season 3 episodes.
- This is Carey Stinson's first taped appearance as an alternate body performer for Barney. Like the Winkster, Barney used a double for "quick changes" (Barney transforming into a peanut salesman, for example). He would later return to be Barney's main costume actor in some live performances, Barney's Big Surprise and Barney's Musical Castle, and on the television show, starting in 2002.
- This was also Jeff Brook's first appearance as BJ's costume perfromer. To accompany the height differences between the old and new costume actors, BJ becomes shorter.
- This stage show/video marks the first appearances of Carlos and Kelly. Carlos would later return as a main character in Season 3.
- Although Kelly would not appear in any other Barney videos or episodes, Rebeca Wilson, the performer, would later return as a dancer in Barney's Colorful World
- This is the first show to shorten the Barney Theme Song to only the first and last stanzas.
- This was the only time "The Barney Bag" was sung in 4 verses.
- This was the only Barney stage show that used The Barney Bag.
- After Act 1 and before Act 2 in the video version, there is an intermission title card shown with a circus background and circus instruments playing "I Am a Fine Musician".
- All of the dialogue (including that of Barney and the other dinos) were recorded live for each performance, unlike future Barney shows. The songs, however, were prerecorded.
- Because many of the sets could not be transported, the show never went on tour.
- Some songs from this concert were featured in the Barney's Favorites Vol. 2 CD. Specifically, the songs "My Yellow Blankey", "BJ's Song", "The Barney Bag", and "My Aunt Came Back".
- This is the last time Kathy is seen with her teddy bear.
- After the "Please and Thank You" number, a camera angle shows Kelly giving her sign to someone backstage.
- From this video onwards, the copyright credit is "Lyons Partnership" instead of "The Lyons Group".
- During "Please and Thank You", BJ lip-syncs to lyrics he isn't suppose to sing.