|Barney Home Video|
|Barney's Beach Party|
|Release Date||April 30, 2002|
|Rereleased||Yes (Under the title "Let's Go to the Beach")|
|Available on DVD||Yes|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jeff Gittle|
You Can Be Anything
Round and Round We Go
Barney's Beach Party (later retitled "Let's Go to the Beach") is a Barney Home Video that was released on April 30, 2002. It was later released and retitled "Let's Go to the Beach" on February 7, 2006.
Surf's up! So grab your beach towel and sunscreen and join Barney for a day of fun in the sun at the beach. From sail boating to flying kites, you'll enjoy a day of sun, surf and surprises with your favorite dino pal. And you'll make new friends like Mr. Boyd at a very special beach party with authentic hula dancing lessons. No trip to the beach would be complete without a handmade sandcastle. So get ready to hang ten with your purple pal when you go to the beach with Barney!
- In the release of "Barney's Beach Party", the video utilized the Season 5-6 version of the theme song. In the release of "Let's Go to the Beach", the theme song was redited to use the Season 7-13 version.
- This is the fifftenth time something happens to the Barney doll before coming to life. It's when Danny dries off the wetness on Barney with a red/yellow towel.
- In some scenes of this video, Duncan Brannan actually voices Barney alone.
- This is one of the first videos to be closed captioned by Caption Technologies, Inc.
- This marks the final appearances of Jeff and Kim. However, Erica Rhodes (Kim) would later appear in the Season 10 episode Dancing as a Hip Hop dancer.
- Also, between April 26 and 28, the video was shown on the 30-foot Sunset on the Beach screen in Waikiki. This presentation was followed by a 20-minute sing-along with Barney, Baby Bop, and BJ performing songs from the video, as well as an encore performance of "Wipe Out".