|Barney & Friends Episode|
|An Adventure in Make-Believe|
|Season 2, Episode 15|
|Air date||October 15, 1993|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Bruce Deck|
Stop, Look and Be Safe!
The Alphabet Zoo
When BJ needs to learn to use his imagination, Barney and the kids help him imagine a pretend jungle. They even save the fair princess Baby Bop!
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Baby Bop (Body: Jeff Ayers, Voice: Julie Johnson) (Cameo)
- BJ (Body: Jenny Dempsey, Voice: Patty Wirtz)
- Shawn (John David Bennett II)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- David (Kenny Cooper)
Song List Edit
- Barney Theme Song
- The Little Bird
- Just Imagine
- If I Lived Under the Sea
- Home on the Range
- The Airplane Song
- Jungle Adventure
- Just Imagine (Reprise)
- I Love You
- This episode was also released on VHS as "Let's Pretend with Barney (1993)". However, on the front cover, it says "Introducing BJ". Although his actual debut was in Look at Me, I'm 3!, this was his first home video appearance. The back of the cover also implies of this as David's first appearance as well, although he debuted in My Favorite Things.
- This is the first episode to feature only one human female (Min) and the first episode with only three kids.
- At the end, the Barney doll wears a safari hat.
- The birthday crown from "Look at Me, I'm 3!" that Baby Bop wore returns in this episode, except the number three has been removed.
- During the song "If I Lived Under the Sea", Shawn uses a mask instead of glasses along with Min and David.