|Barney & Friends|
|A World of Music|
|Season 1, Episode 25|
|Air date||May 8, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Carnival of Numbers
Doctor Barney is Here!
The kids wish they could travel to other countries to see them firsthand. Barney & Friends use their imagination to travel to Scotland, Israel, Nigeria, China, and Mexico, where hosts expose them to different songs, costumes, and customs. The kids hear music played on interesting instruments and learn new dance steps. They also learn that several of their favorite songs have roots in other lands.
Educational Theme: World Cultures and Music
Stories: The Ant and the Crumb
- Barney (Body: David Joyner, Voice: Bob West)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Derek (Rickey Carter)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II)
- Fergus McClaren (in Scotland; Vince Zubras Jr.)
- Lesley Chudnow (in Israel)
- Efei Almani (in Nigeria; Britt Miller)
- Gloria Chen (in China; Gloria Chenams)
- Abundio Ortiz (in Mexico)
- Barney Theme Song
- The Airplane Song
- Dudy Hudba (Bagpipe Music)
- הבה נגילה (Hava Nagila)
- Oboom Hi-Am Somroow
- China (China International)
- La Raspa (Mexican Hat Dance)
- De Colores (Of Colors)
- I Love You
- This group (Min, Shawn, Luci, and Derek) also appeared in "Hola, Mexico!".
- A gong sound effect replaces the normal "wink" sound effect at the closing shot of the episode.
- Min wears the same outfit in "Happy Birthday, Barney!".
- Shawn wears the same shirt in "Four Seasons Day".
- Derek wears the same shirt in Alphabet Soup!.
- Just like Practice Makes Music, Barney's voice pitch is getting higher (starting with Barney coming to life when he says "You wish you could!").