|Barney & Friends Episode|
|A Very Special Delivery!|
|Season 2, Episode 18|
|Air date||October 20, 1993|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
|Theme||Families and Uniqueness|
Tosha's Mom and Dad
Kevin and Kyle
Having Tens of Fun!
Shawn & the Beanstalk
Tosha has a big surprise for Barney and the rest of his friends. Her family has a new baby, but that's only part of the surprise. She won't tell the rest! Along the way, Barney and the kids explore how everyone is different and meet singer Ella Jenkins, who talks about different ways to say hello and sings Miss Mary Mack. With the Barney Bag, the kids make ukeleles. BJ and Baby Bop stop by and Big Sister Tosha finally reveals the surprise. Her mom had twin boys and their names are Kevin and Kyle! Barney explains that even if the twins are identical or fraternal, they are still special and equally loved just like everyone else.
- Barney Theme Song
- My Family's Just Right for Me
- Buckle Up My Seatbelt
- Everyone is Special
- Miss Mary Mack
- Shake Hands with Friends
- The Barney Bag
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Everyone is Special (Lullaby Reprise)
- I Love You
- The episode marks:
- The final time BJ is performed by Jenny Dempsey.
- The final appearance of David (Kenny Cooper)
- The first appearance of Tosha's parents, who will return in Imagination Island.
- The only time David and Tosha appear together.
- The final time which BJ is the same height as Barney. Since the costume would shrink the following year, the costume performer was recast.
- This group (Min, Kathy, David, and Shawn) also appeared in "My Favorite Things".
- This episode was released on VHS as Families Are Special. It hit the stores on February 7, 1995. This VHS includes previews for Barney Live! In New York City, and "Barney's Imagination Island". It was later re-released by Warner Home Video in 1997 as part of the PBS Kids Pack of Pals.
- Even though the Families are Special VHS contains the Caption Center's "CC" logo, the tape is actually closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute, making this the last episode to use it until Barney's Great Adventure.