|Barney & Friends Episode|
|A Very Special Delivery!|
|Season 2, Episode 18|
|Air date||October 20, 1993|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
Having Tens of Fun!
Shawn & the Beanstalk
Tosha has a big surprise for Barney and the rest of his friends. Her family has new babies, but that's only part of the surprise. She won't tell the rest! Along the way, Barney and the kids explore how everyone is different and meet singer Ella Jenkins, who talks about different ways to say hello and sings Miss Mary Mack. With the Barney Bag, the kids make ukeleles. Baby Bop and BJ stop by and Big Sister Tosha finally reveals the surprise. Her mom had twin boys and their names are Kevin and Kyle! Barney explains that even if the twins are identical or fraternal, they are still special and equally loved just like everyone else.
- Barney Theme Song
- My Family's Just Right for Me
- Buckle Up My Seatbelt
- Everyone is Special
- Miss Mary Mack
- Shake Hands with Friends
- The Barney Bag
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Everyone is Special (Reprise)
- I Love You
- The episode marks:
- The final appearance of David played by Kenny Cooper.
- The only time Tosha appears with David played by Kenny Cooper.
- The only appearance of Ella Jenkins on the Barney & Friends television series.
- The final time BJ is performed by Jenny Dempsey.
- The final time which BJ is the same height as Barney. Since the costume would shrink the following year, the costume performer was recast.
- The first appearance of Tosha's parents. They will later return in Imagination Island.
- In the reprise of "Everyone is Special", it has a lullaby version.
- The guitar music is added to the music of "I Love You".
- On February 7, 1995, this episode was released on home video as "Barney's Families are Special".
- Even though Barney's Families are Special VHS contains the Caption Center's "CC" logo, the tape is actually closed-captioned by the National Captioning Institute, making this the last episode to use it until Barney's Great Adventure.
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.