|Barney & Friends|
|A Splash Party, Please|
|Season 1, Episode 23|
|Air date||May 6, 1992|
|Written by||Mark S. Bernthal|
|Directed by||Jim Rowley|
A Camping We Will Go!
Carnival of Numbers
The kids have planned a picnic and Barney's invited. After enjoying some healthy food, the kids have fun with bubbles. Baby Bop arrives and a "Splash Party" ensues, incorporating all sorts of water activities. The kids show they know their manners by being polite and curious to one another.
Educational Theme: Manners
- Barney Theme Song
- Taking Turns
- Swingin' up to the Stars
- Please and Thank You
- Snackin' on Healthy Food
- I Try To Be Polite
- Good Manners
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor?
- Splashin' in the Bath
- Three Little Fishes
- I Love You
- The part of the tug of war scene was edited down, the songs "I Try To Be Polite" and "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor?" weren't sung and the kids pretending to shave was deleted.
- In February 1993, this episode was released on video as "Barney's Best Manners." This particular version includes closed captions, unlike the original airing of the episode. Reruns would later have them as well.
- This is the seventh time where time lapse is used, where Derek was racing in a sack race.
- Barney manages to mess up his magic by giving the kids winter clothes, instead of their normal outfits. This very situation happened in Waiting for Santa (with The Barney Shake), but in reverse (Summer clothes, instead of winter clothes).
- This group (Tina, Michael, Derek, and Min) also appeared in Barney's Magical Musical Adventure in which Min's hairstyle is also in. None of them appeared in the next episode, Carnival of Numbers.
- This is the thirteenth time Barney and the kids sing the entire "I Love You" song together.
- At the end of this episode, a bubble is seen while landing on Barney as a toy dinosaur and pops while he winks.
- This is the first time Barney gets tickled.