|Barney & Friends Episode|
|A Picture of Health|
|Season 4, Episode 9|
|Air date||November 27, 1997|
|Written by|| Mitch Lobrovich|
Mark S. Bernthal
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
Hannah's allergies and Scooter McNutty's cold lead the group to a discussion of health and ways to keep healthy. Barney shows everyone how healthy foods, exercise, and even laughter can improve and maintain your health. "Dr. Barney" gives the children pretend check-ups. Through the Adventure Screen, the children learn not to fear x-rays and are motivated to make their own pretend x-rays using chalk on black paper. Meanwhile, Barney is trying to recall where he's misplaced an x-ray of himself that he'd like to show his friends. Hannah finds the x-ray and the children see that Barney is "all heart" and a true "picture of health!"
Educational Theme: Keeping Healthy and Doctor Check-Ups
- Barney Theme Song
- It's a Great Day
- Oh, How I Love Trees
- Snackin' on Healthy Food
- Laugh With Me!
- Squishy, Squashy, Washy
- The Doctor is a Friend of Mine
- I Used to Be Afraid
- I Love You
- This episode marks the first appearance of Curtis.
- It is revealed in this episode that Hannah is very allergic to flower pollen.
- The fruit and vegetable costumes are the very same ones used in "Barney's Sense-Sational Day".
- Baby Bop has been mentioned while Barney searches around for his X-ray. This also happens in other episodes such as Grandparents Are Grand (1999) and You've Got to Have Art.
- In the Adventure Screen segment, Barney posters can be seen in the X-ray room. Also, a young girl is seen on the screen carrying a Barney balloon.