|Barney & Friends Episode|
|A New Friend|
|Season 7, Episode 10|
|Air date||September 13, 2002|
|Written by||Stephen White|
|Directed by||Fred Holmes|
Come Blow Your Horn!
It's always fun to make new friends, but it's not always easy to be the "new kid." When Mr. Boyd's niece, Colleen, visits the park, Barney guides the kids through a series of fun activities to help Colleen go from being a "new kid" to a "new friend." As Barney sings "I Put A Smile On" and "Misty Moisty Morning Manners," the kids learn how to smile and say hello to new friends. As the kids share their favorite things to do, they find that like "The Lion and the Mouse," friends don't always have everything in common. Scott, Kami and Mario take turns showing their new friend their favorite places in the park. Even though Colleen must leave with her parents, everyone is excited to have her as a new pen pal. Barney reminds them that whether friends are near or far, friendships can reach around the world.
Educational Theme: Making New Friends
Stories: The Lion and the Mouse
- Barney Theme Song
- Three Little Butterflies
- I'm a Happy Helper
- I Put a Smile On
- Misty Moisty Morning
- The Popcorn Song
- Friendship Song
- Taking Turns
- No Matter Where They Are / No Matter What the Name Mash-Up
- I Love You
- Mr. Boyd's first name is revealed to be Grady in this episode.
- This episodes marks the first appearance of Colleen. She later appears in A Perfectly Purple Day, though without her uncle.
- After this episode, and for the rest of the season, new episodes were only premiering on Fridays.
- This is the 17th time where Time Lapse is used. In The Lion and the Mouse, Kami as The mouse was chewing on the rope to free Mario as The Lion.
- This is the 2nd time a handicap person appears on the show. The first was 1-2-3-4-5 Senses!
- Though BJ and Baby Bop don't appear in this episode, they are seen on the back cover of the VHS "It's Nice to Meet You".