|Barney & Friends Episode|
|A Different Kind of Mystery|
|Season 4, Episode 11|
|Air date||December 1, 1997|
|Written by||Donna Cooner|
|Directed by||Steven Feldman|
Going on a Bear Hunt
Ashley, Kristen and Curtis are trying to help Jeff think of a name for his new kitten when they hear strange noises from the classroom. Barney appears and together they become detectives to solve the case of the mysterious visitor. Along the way they learn about their individual differences. Stella arrives to tell the story of "The City Mouse and the Country Mouse." Scooter keeps popping in to give his opinion about who the mysterious visitor might be. The mystery is solved when Barney and the children discover Jeff's new kitten is causing the mischief. They decide on a perfect name for the kitten.
Stories: The City Mouse and the Country Mouse
- Barney Theme Song
- It's a Fun, Fun Sunny Day!
- Big and Little
- Colors All Around
- Everyone is Special
- Have a Snack!
- You've Got to Be You
- I Love You
- The working title for this episode is "The Case of the Mysterious Visitor".
- This episode marks the only time Curtis and Jeff appeared together.
- This episode reveals that Ashley is allergic to milk and Curtis was named after his grandfather when he was born.
- Stella is uncredited, despite appearing in this episode.
- In some international versions, this episode was shortened.
|• First Day of School • Is Everybody Happy? • Pennies, Nickels, Dimes • We've Got Rhythm • Tick Tock Clocks!
• Waiting for Mr. MacRooney • Let's Build Together • It's Tradition • A Picture of Health • Play Ball!
• A Different Kind of Mystery • Going on a Bear Hunt • Let's Eat • Tree-Mendous Trees • Good, Clean Fun!
• Easy, Breezy Day! • All Mixed Up • Oh, Brother...She's My Sister • Once a Pond a Time • E-I-E-I-O